~Chapter 5~

Recap:

I immediately relaxed, even felt more safe than ever. He turns around and my eyes get attached to his, and I get lost in the gray pools. "Mia cara, I came here to discuss our rules over our arrangement." After he says this, I snap out f my daze, and really look at him. He stands there, with an empty expression on his face, that makes me wish he can smile once for me, for his one and only mate.

~~~~~

I immediately get out of his warm hold, and go as far from him as possible. "I-I-I've changed my mind. I don’t want to be in this arrangement anymore," I stay firmly planted on this idea that I don’t want him, but Naomi whimpers in my head, wanting to be with her mate. 

I look toward him, but I carefully avoid looking into his eyes. From my peripheral vision, I can see that he stands there staring at me intently, assessing me, maybe. I'm not sure. "Why the sudden change Mia cara? You seemed so into the idea before, why change your mind now?"

"Be-be-because, it's either you take me as your mate and leave Julia or stay with Julia, and try to avoid me all together. I don’t want to be in a relationship where I stay in the background and not be able to make it known to the world that you're my mate." After saying this, he slowly walks toward me, takes my chin in his hand, and makes me look at him.

"Mia cara," he says sternly, "Either you have me and let me be your master or you'll be left with no mate, like you were always told." At this point, I didn't know what to do. My eyes were getting teary, but I refuse to let them fall. Why is my mate like this to me? I really wanted to have one of those fairytale-like romances with my mate, but in the situation I'm in, I don’t think I'll get it anytime soon. The thing is we only get one mate in our whole life. There's no second chances, and you can never love anyone else more than mate. It's impossible, but how come he's in love with her, and he can't seem to stand even thinking about being with me? I'm so confused and heartbroken.

"I'll think about it more. Just give me some time to think about it," I say, looking down, right at his wrist, since he still had his grip on me. He leans towards me and whispers into my ear, "Okay mia cara, but you have until tomorrow night to make your official decision," I shudder with pleasure from this, and I think he felt it because I can feel him smirking. Within the next second, he's gone.

I fall back onto my bed, which I'm glad was behind me the whole time to break my fall. My legs felt like jello, and I didn't have the strength to get up. I thought about the conversation that we just shared. Going through it, I didn't know I was crying until I felt a tear go in my ear. Why did m mate not love me? Was I always supposed to be destined mateless, even when I had one? I just wished I didn’t have a mate so I wouldn't feel this kind of pain. The pain that I always feared. The pain of being alone, and cannot be loved. Honestly, ever since I was younger I always felt unloved by anyone, not even by my parents. They were always so caught up in their love with each other that on most cases they would leave me out. That's why I wanted to have a mate so badly, so that I could have someone to love me back fully and continuously. Then, I would love my kids and treat them with all the love and attention my parents never showed me. Before I know it, the white ceiling I've been staring at the whole time turn black, and I fall into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~

"Natalia, wake up, darling. Rise and shine. You need to get up, quickly! The Royals are leaving, and we need to say goodbye," my mother says all so fast, I almost didn’t quite catch it. She shakes me some more, and says the same thing even louder than she already had, then leaves the room because I think she already finished most of her motherly abilities for the day.

I wait a little longer and get up to freshen up. I walk into my bedroom ensuite, and look at myself in the mirror as I turn on the lights.  My eyes are bloodshot, and I have dark circles and puffy eyelids. Not the best way to go, but I don't care anymore, anyways. I take my comb and fix my hair a little then change into a sweater and sweatpants then leave.

I go downstairs, and there's a whole crowd surrounded by the front door. I bet people are trying to suck up the Royals' asses and say goodbye. I roll my eyes and go to the kitchen to eat breakfast. I pour myself a glass of milk, and then I'm good. I rarely eat in the morning, and right now I can only stomach milk. I walk back to  my room, and stay in there for the remainder of the day. Only going down to eat lunch and get snacks and water.

~~~~~

It's 9:48 p.m. and I'm on my 6th romantic movie of the day, and eating a tub of double chocolate icecream with some still around my mouth. That’s when my door slowly opens, shuts, and then locks, with a figure standing in front of it, but I already know who it is. I've come to my decision, and I hope it's the right one. He stands there assessing my appearance, stealthily walks towards me with confidence. When he's close enough, he grabs my face and kisses me. The kiss is so heated, I don’t even know how I learned what I'm doing. This was seriously my first kiss, and I'm already kissing him in the way that makes my lady parts heat. The smell of my arousal makes him growl, and I end up moaning to the sound. I couldn't help, but grab a hold of him and bring him closer to me. My heart is pounding, and it was like I couldn't get enough him. His kiss, his lips, his smell, his everything.

As he presses more to me, I can feel his arousal pressing against my thigh. From this, I end up getting more wet than I already am, but he pulls away and looks at me right into my eyes. I stare back, and in my daze admire those gray pools.

"So what is your decision, mi cara?" I can clearly hear the rasp in his voice, and I answer back with my own raspy voice, "Yes, I will be your slave." He smiles at me. A genuine smile, and a twinkle to his eye, but I don’t even know what I got myself into.

~~~~~~~~~~

100 Votes & 3000 Reads in the Whole Story for Next Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hi you guys! Sorry I've been gone so long. I kept planning and planning to update, but I've never had any time to due to summer AP homework and how school was about to start. Today was my second day, and I can honestly say I'm intimidated by AP Lit and AP Studio Art. Eeeeeeek! I really need help. Oh well. Anyways, comments are helpful and I don’t mind hate because not everyone thinks the same. I made this longer just to make up for time lost, so again, sorry for the late update.

-T.J. <3

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!