~Chapter 4~

Recap:

I hear Julia say, "See Mason, people like that in our society, need to be reprimanded for their unjust behavior." I exit through the door, and think about how my mate's name is Mason. Mason. My mate, the one I know for sure I will never be able to call mines.

~~~~~

I knew once I got home that my mother would be right on my tail. Not literally though. "Where have you been? I was searching for you last night, making a fool of myself. I was running here and there; everywhere. I-"

"Mother, please, stop. I went out to get air and by the time I know it, it was super late to walk back home alone, so I took a room in the nearest hotel."

"Oh, well as long as nothing bad happened to you, then I guess it's fine, but don’t do that again." Oh she didn’t even knew half of the bad things that happened.

Before I could say anything back, she walked away to the next room. I stood there for at least another two minutes, and then started up the stairs to my room, to change out of the filthiness.

~~~~~

I'm currently staring at the ceiling in my room. When I finished my shower and changed into new linen-smelling pajamas, I flopped onto the bed without a care in the world, and now here I am, on memory lane, back to the time when I was at Julia's mercy, at a younger age.

Age 7:

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Natalia Rosen. The one who will never get a mate. I mean look at her, she's short, fat, and four-eyed. She smells like she hasn't taken a shower in days and her hair is a total mess. Who would ever want you?" My eyes were filled to the brim with tears that wouldn't fall down, so I didn't see it when Julia picked up my carton of milk and threw it onto my shirt.

Everyone in the cafeteria started laughing and pointing at me. I just sat there, being humiliated by every kid in the pack. Once a teacher finally came into the cafeteria and found out the main reason of the disruption, she scolded me in the hallway, thinking I was the one that spilled the milk on myself. And before I can say that Julia did it, she came through the hallway doors and told her that she saw me, spilling it on myself when I dropped it after drinking some of it.

The teacher immediately thought I was clumsy, and didn't even have the slightest clue. She took me to the office, where they called my parents to pick me up.

Age 14:

The new guy stood up and headed right towards me. My heart sped up, but I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up. No one wanted to be my friend willingly and why should he be the first? Since he transferred to our school last week, he's been the sought out person school wide. I mean look at him? He was gorgeous with short-spiked black hair and the grayest of eyes. He was pretty tall among the guys, and he already made the football team.

I didn't know someone was standing right in front of me, until I heard a throat-clearing that had a sexy rumble to it. I looked up and immediately swooned when I found out it was him, the new guy.

"Sorry to interrupt you Natalia, but I was wondering if you'd like to be my date for the winter dance," he then smiled the most boyish smile, that made me smile back, blushing, "I-I- I'd lo-"

I got interrupted by the most girly voice that echoed through the whole cafeteria. "Why are you asking Natalia to the dance? Did you not know that she's a slut? She sleeps around with most of these guys here in school. Am I right boys?" She turned to the table where the football team sat, and since they were under her spell of following orders, they all gave loud responses, that proved her theory. "She doesn't even deserve a mate after all she did to her body. Completely ruined herself for her mate. I feel bad for the guy because of all she did, he has a whore of a mate." I didn't know what to say because I was so surprised on the lie she told. I was still a virgin for crying out loud, not to mention I still haven't had my first kiss. I was saving all of my firsts for my mate, but now that my reputation was spoiled, I was sure that my mate wouldn't want me. Since I was lost in my thoughts, I forgot that the new guy was still in front of me.

"Wow, I really thought you were innocent, but I guess your innocence is a façade to get guys in bed. Even I fell for your trap." He stood up abruptly in anger, and headed towards the door. I turned to look at Julia , and she had a smirk on her face.

I didn't know I was crying until I felt something wet behind my ear, that tickled me. I sat up and immediately got dizzy, after a minute or so, I stood up heading towards the bathroom, when I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I wasn't sure if I was to open it or not, since no one ever came to me and knocked on my door, except for my mom, but it wasn't a time that she usually came to call me for dinner. But then in the next second, my door opens, and a tall male comes through the door then locks it. I was about to scream for help, but my nostrils were filled with the masculine scent of my mate.

I immediately relaxed, even felt more safe than ever. He turns around and my eyes get attached to his, and I get lost in the gray pools. "Mia cara, I came here to discuss our rules over our arrangement." After he says this, I snap out of my daze, and really look at him. He stands there, with an empty expression of his face, that makes me wish he can smile once for me, for his one and only mate.

~~~~~~~~~~

50 Votes & 750 Reads for Next Chapter

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

So the votes and reads I have for the next chapter is the stuff for the overall book.

-T.J. <3 

Vote, Comment, Share, and Fan!