Chapter Nine: Tower of Sugarcubes

Title: Accidents Do Happen

Author: Lacrimoire

Pairing: Itachi/Sakura/LovePolygons

Genres: Romance/Comedy/Family/SliceofLife

Disclaimers: I don't own Naruto and if I did, Sakura would probably be the main character. Haters gonna hate. XD

A/N: An update! Yes, you are not dreaming my dear readers. I'm alive and yush, a graduating student. I'm so sorry for my inactiveness but I'm back now and it's actually my birthday today so as a present to you, here is the ninth chapter. Thank you for patiently waiting everyone. The next chapter, which is really long ... will be posted next week. –le kneels with her eyebags- I think need my nap now. Have a nice day everyone!

Chapter Nine: Tower of Sugarcubes

Sakura has no idea what to do at the moment.

She left the office with a puzzled Deidara and on her right hand is a certain someone's hand.

Sasori.

Sakura dragged him with her out of reflex and currently they are in the middle of the crowded street both with an unreadable expression on their faces. The red-head didn't seem to mind being held hostage by our heroine and Sakura seems out of it as well.

'What now?'

She still has some stuff to do in the office and her long absence might make Deidara more suspicious than he already is so to avoid anymore wasting of time she decided to yank the lanky red-head to a secluded shop. He seems to just go with the flow which she is secretly thankful for.

The last thing Sakura want is a struggling Sasori and it's all thanks to his abnormal response to things.

A cheerful waitress greeted them.

It's a sweets shop. Your typical sweets shop with laces, ribbons and cute ornaments. Sakura would gladly visit this next time but that's not she's here for.

The mood around them is relaxing and fluffy except about the fact that dark clouds are lurking above their table. Sakura is fidgeting on her seat while Sasori is trying to create a tower out of the sugarcubes that is on the table.

'Silence.'

What he said back in the office convinced Sakura he knows what really happened on that fateful night a few months back. She wanted to believe he knows, but without actual verbal confirmation, they could be speaking about different things.

Sakura decides to break the uncomfortable silence.

"What are you talking about earlier?" she asked him.

He stares at his pyramid with pure interest not even sparing Sakura a look, "Why? What do you think I am talking about?"

Sakura hates it that he's so calm and composed while she's on the verge of pulling out her hair out of frustration. She massaged the bridge of her nose. This matter won't be as easy as she thought it would be.

Sakura coughs loudly and asked again, "Well, I asked you first. What are you talking about earlier?"

Her loud voice must've startled him resulting to his tower of sugarcubes to collapse. He finally laid his eyes on Sakura's direction clearly annoyed. "Same thing that you're thinking, woman."

'Woman?' Someone needs to teach this man some manners.

Not that she cared or anything but it just sounds rude being called like that. For once in his life can he act like a normal individual? Sakura don't expect him to interact with her like a normal person would, because he's like an android.