Chapter 16

Lauren POV

I have not been up to date with my life lately. Although I have tried, all I could think about is Camila and that asshole Austin. Here I am icing my hand from punching that trashy guy. I had the courage to text Camila a couple of times but I didn't receive any reply whatsoever.

Her lips.. I know that she knows what I'm feeling. I just know that we have something. She looks at me in a way nobody does... But at the same time when I see her look at Austin it seems different because she use to look at me the way she looked at him now.

My memory has gotten better. Probably because of my non stop thoughts of Camila. All I could think about is Camila. That kiss.

Camila POV

I am unsure of what is going on with Lauren. I love her I do. But what she did was wrong and I just can't seem to forgive her for what she has done.

-----Theatre Class

"Ms. Cabello and Ms. Jauregui you are assigned as partners to deliver an improv play about 'love'," Ms. Conley said.

Lauren and I both stood up in front of the class. She looked at me with a sincere look in her eyes pleading sorry. I turned away and spoke up first.

"how could you?" I proclaimed.

"How could I love you? I ask myself that too sometimes. Don't you?"

Her ocean eyes locked with mine. Her looks expressing more than what her words could ever have.

"I love you because I do. Even if you have forgotten. I know and feel what I do."

"Then why won't you say you love me,Cabello?"

"Because you obliterated what I have given you into madness that can NOT be brought back and fixed."

Although our class though we were acting, the words we spoke was no longer an improv but actual words of our feelings.

"I may have forgotten how it felt to be loved by someone like you, but someone I can't forget loving someone like YOU."

Tears formed on my waterline and soon rolled down my face.

"Well maybe you should speak more of it, Jauregui."

I stormed out right after I expressed my feelings into words. Bolting down the hallway entering a near by restroom. I broke into tears. Footsteps followed behind and the sound was no right I front of me. I looked up and did not know what to say and looked back down.

"Come on now Cabello, talk to me"

I stood straight from where I was and brushed off the tears.

"Talk to YOU? Talk to who? Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. You ran off like a coward of me not even listening to what I have to say. Everything that has been said enters your ear and out in the other."

"Ouch, and first of all what was I suppose to do when you were the one smooching in the elevator?"

"Lauren! Can't you understand that he forced me into it! You leaving with Zayn intoxicated and all bouncy doesn't seem forced. You had a mind of your own."

"Camz!! I was intoxicated!!"

"But you had to be with Zayn that night? Your ex Zayn?"

"Look Camz, I'm sorry"
Lauren took her finger and placed it under my chin to lift my head up. I couldn't help but get lost in her green eyes. Soon enough my lips were locked with hers. I wasn't sure what to feel. Free or Chained? I'm lost in confusion.