Chapter Nine: Derek

It's been a month since Hope and Grant have been staying with the Jackson's

Hope felt strange, with this what true family was like? She noticed how they were always smiling and laughing whilst in each other's presence and how they always showed equal attention to everyone.

It didn't take them long to figure that Harmony and Derek were sired to the poor girl who immediately helped them break the sire bond.

Through every single painful transformation, she stayed, apologizing because she believed it was her fault. It was her blood that turned them after all, but they reassured her every time that it wasn't fault as she was still an infant when they were turned and Klaus had taken her blood without her permission.

She was sitting in the room that John, Vincent and Abby had given her and was studying her grimoire, looking for a resurrection spell that didn't require black magic.

A knock on her ajar door broke her out of her thoughts. When she saw Derek there, she gave them a small smile and waved them inside. "I don't bite." She said teasingly, still noticing their slight apprehension to enter the room.

He snorted and then launched himself onto her bed. "You've been reading these for three days? What are you looking for?" Derek questioned as he began reading the grimoire as well.

The auburn headed girl took the grimoire spells off her grimoires when she realized that no one in the house would take them without asking.

"I'm looking for a resurrection spell, that doesn't involve black magic. Quite a difficult task. I'm supposed to resurrect my Uncle Finn." Hope explains and sighed frustrated.

"Why don't you take a break and afterwards, I will help you find a special?" Derek coaxed and kept poxing the poor girl in the sides which made her laugh.

"OKAY! Stop!" She said laughing harder as he continued to tickle her sides.

"You, my dear Andrea, need to have fun." Derek sighed as he watched the girl immediately go back to reading.

Her head snapped up with a face that was full of offense. "I can have fun!" She protested and once again the boys snorted.

"Your idea of fun is reading. While reading can be fun, especially for your genius brain." Derek poked her head which made the girl giggle "You also have to do other things. What else do you do?"

She froze. What else did she like to do? Nothing came to mind except for one thing.

"I like to play the piano." She confessed quietly.

"We have one downstairs. I like to play it every once in a while. Same with mom and dad (Jackson). I had the patient to learn." Maxwell told her.

"I can teach you. If you want that is." She said nervously.

"Let's go." Derek replied and pulled her downstairs to the piano. They next to each other on the bench and Hope was excited.

Her hands glided against the keys and she played some notes. When she finished Derek applauded.

"Alright. So put your hands here and press them one at a time." The auburn instructed and guided Derek's hand on the piano.

They sat there for over two hours, talking and playing. He would never tell her that he already knew how to play piano. That he let her teach him because he saw the huge smile on her face.