Chapter Eleven: Harper

Andrea sighed

Andrea sighed. She was trying to do the spell to resurrect her uncle but was not having any luck.

Derek was originally helping her but he was drained after three attempts. He was now watching from the couch as her nose began to bleed. "Drea. Stop!" He said as she immediately began trying for a fifth time.

"I can't! I have to bring him back!" The girl protested as she protested as she wiped the blood from under the nose.

"You tried four times. Give it a rest for now. Sharon is almost back. We'll ask for her help." The Jackson boy pleaded with his younger sister.

She nodded, resigned.

Everyone else had gone out. Harmony was with some friends. Grant was in town over looking for a bite to eat. John, Vincent, and Abby had gone into the city to run some errands, and Harper was coming back after trying to locate the ascendant.

Abby and Harper had found out that one of their last living descendants was in a prison world so they were on the hunt for the ascendant that kept him there.

They of course knew that it was Malachai Parker in there. They decided to give him a chance, something that no one had ever given him.

Derek and Andrea had stayed home to work on resurrecting Finn.

"Hey Kiddos! I'm home." Harper called as she walked into the house.

"In the loving room Aunt Harper." The two chorused back.

Harper has insisted that Andrea call her Aunt Harper. She had no idea how much it meant to the auburn that she was being welcomed and accepted into a family.

Grant could see the girl brightening every single day. He knew she still had her bad days, where her insecurities shined through but now she had more people behind her.

"What are you two doing?" Harper questioned the teens as she walked into the living room.

"Trying to bring back Finn. We had to take a break because we were drained." Derek explained and Andrea tried to ready herself for the next attempt at the spell.

"How many times did you try?" Harper asked as she looked over the spell.

"I was going to help but teaching got in the way. This one over here went four times and was about to go for a fifth before her nose started bleeding and I made her stop." Derek answered his Aunt, both of them looking at the auburn in slight concern.

"Well I have to bring him back. Uncle Elijah and Uncle Kol asked me to bring Uncle Finn back. I don't want to disappoint them." Andrea cried frustrated that she couldn't bring him back.

"Hey, none of us could be disappointed in you. Especially not Kol, Elijah and the others in New Orleans. This is a big spell, the fact that you're gone through four attempts and haven't passed out is extraordinary. Let me help. A Heretic, two tribrid who can cast spells should be able to create enough power." Harper soothed the frustrated teen.

Nodding, Andrea sighed. "Okay."

The three witch hybrids sat together on the floor with Finn's ashes spread in a line.

Hope winced as she cut her hand open and allowed her blood to drop onto the ashes. Her hand quickly healed before she grabbed hands with Derek and Harper.

"You guys can back out if you want." Andrea offered and they only gripped her hand tighter, an unspoken agreement that they were going to see this through.

"Let's do this." Derek said determined.

"Fian en che en kanu! Fian en che en kanu! Fian en che en kanu! Fian en che en kanu!" They chanted and watched and watched as the spell began to work.

"It's working! Finish it, Andrea!" Harper said as their nose began to bleed slightly.

"From ash to bone! From bone to flesh? FROM FLESH TO LIFE!" Hope yelled as they finished completed the resurrection spell.

The corporeal from of Finn Mikaelson was in front of them. Derek and Harper called the others and told them they brought Finn back.

Harper looked and Finn's body with curiosity. He was quite handsome there was no denying but she had heard that he loathed being a vampire and had a hard time accepting it. She hoped that with time they would be able to change his mind.

She had no more time to process these thoughts before she was practically tackled into a hug by a head of her friend and her niece.

"Thanks Aunt Harper. I don't think we would have been able to do this without you." Andrea cried as she and Derek hugged the Heretic.

"You're very welcome. We should probably clean up before everyone else gets home." Harper replied laughing as the two teens groaned at the mention of cleaning.

As they began to clean everything stopped when a sharp gasp was heard. The three's heads snapped in the direction of the living room where they saw a very awake and alive Finn Mikaelson looking around.

"Where am I?" Was the first thing out of The Original's mouth.