Chapter Thirteen: Jackson and Vincent

She was numb

She was numb. It's as plain and simple as that. Her wore nightmare has come true.

Andrea had triggered her werewolf curse.

It was an accident. She was out with Harmony when they saw a man forcefully dragging a girl away and the two ran after him. They started to beat him and Andrea had dealt the fatal blow. Andrea had fallen to the ground and Harmony was looking at her concerned until the auburn's head snapped up and her irises were gold.

Ever since that night, she had been terrified of her first full moon. As a crescent wolf, she would have control over her transformation, except for her first one. She honestly thought that she would never trigger her curse, but she triggered it by trying to save someone's life.

Today was the dreaded. Everyone was walking on eggshells around the girl not wanting to make her any more upset than she was, but Harmony and Derek had offered to be there with her but she turned them down. She felt that it was her cross to bear alone. It was her punishment.

She was out deep in the woods of New York City where no one would go. She had on elastic shorts and a sports bra, her crescent birthmark on display on the back of her shoulder. She heard rustling and immediately turned around, seeing John and Vincent standing there with a bag.

"Did you really think we were going to let you go through this alone?" John questioned the auburn they had grown to love as a daughter.

"Honestly? Yes. Because all my life I was never put first. I lived forever in the shadow of my sister, and it hurt. I honestly thought no one would ever be here to help me through my first transformation. I didn't want to get Derek and Harmony involved because I already screwed up their lives enough." The auburn admitted.

"Hey, you're family now Andrea. You don't have to be a Mikaelson anymore. Be a Jackson. And we'll always put you first." Vincent reasoned and watched as the moon started to show.

"I don't want to be a burden, Grant and I don't want to burden you guys and everyone else." The girl, her eyes starting to turn yellow.

"You aren't a burden Andrea. None of you are. We love having you around. The two and Finn complete this family." The two hybrid told her.

Andrea cried as her ankle broke. She could feel all of her bones mangling into odd positions. She was now on the ground screaming in pain. John and Vincent were right there coaching her through it.

"You're halfway there. Let it consume you, think about nothing but running free." Vincent told her.

"Dad, Papa, it hurts so bad! Dad, Papa, make it stop!" She cried as her teeth sharpened into their wolf-like fangs.

"You're almost there princess, the pain will stop soon." The trio reassured as tears came to eyes when she called them dad and papa.

With a final scream and a feral growl Andrea had turned into a white wolf. She looked at John and Vincent who gave her a smile.

"You did it, Sweetie." They whispered and watched as she backed up and began to run free in her wolf form.

They followed behind her and watched how she looked around at everything. Seeing everything with your wolf eyes, and senses was an amazing experience.

After about four hours in her wolf form, Andrea began to shift back. John and Vincent placed a blanket over her and waited for her to finish shifting back.

"That was so surreal. You guys were right. It felt so freeing to be in my wolf form." Andrea said as she regained full awareness.

The men chuckled and handed her some sweatpants and a t-shirt so she could put some clothes on and turned around.

After a few minutes they saw the auburn walk up next to them and smile.

"Thank you two for helping me with this. I know I said this earlier but I wanted to tell you guys that I see you as a dad. I never really had a dad before. I mean I had my Uncle Kol, Uncle Elijah and Marcel but they're my uncle's and brother and..." Andrea ramble before being cut off by John chucking.

"It's fine, you don't need to explain yourself. We see you as a daughter and we see Grant as a  son. We meant it when Vincent said you were a part of this family. You don't have to be a Mikaelson anymore. You can be a Jackson. I know Abby sees you and the doofus as her own too." John told her.

Andrea didn't hesitate for a single moment to hug both of them. They hugged her back just as tight.

"Thanks, Dad and Papa."

"It's no problem at all princess."