Apology Chapter

SORRY TO THOSE WHO MISSED IT WHEN I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY!!  Wattpad is being weird and mixing up my chapter order!!

I'VE BEEN WORKING ON MY POV LATELY SO ENJOY STEPPING INTO BONNIE'S SHOES!!!!

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

Bonnies Pov

Though the walls shook around us, I could barely feel them. Sitting on Vina's bed, it was like I could feel nothing other than her shaking hand in mine. My mind didn't process much besides the sight of her lying there, pale as could be. Sweat beaded on her brows and as of last night, she was no longer able to stand on her own.

The world around me didn't feel real. Even as Klaus sat by my side and attempted to convince me to get some rest. His words were nothing but a ringing in my ears. The part of me that was still mentally with them thought it was sweet that he'd offered to stay by Vina's side in my place. But the other part of me? That part was long lost to memories I'd tried my best to bury.

Instead of Vina, my grams lay in the bed before me. We'd just finished opening the tomb for Elena. We'd just finished saving Stephan. Elena herself had just gone home for the night. But I couldn't sleep.

My grams just looked so frail lying there in her queen-sized bed. It was the weakest I'd ever seen her look. With bags under her eyes and hands that shook. Yet even then she was the one with a smile on her face.

" Oh honestly Bon, I'm fine. " She'd rolled her eyes at me. And like a fool, I'd started to think she'd be okay. " You think one little spell could take on your grams and win? " Her hand caressed my cheek as she winked at me, a cheeky grin lighting up her eyes. " Go child, get some rest. "

I bit my bottom lip, a strange feeling urging me to stay with her. But in the end, I gave in. " See you in the am? "

She never spoke a word. Yet I took the hand that squeezed mine as reassurance. And I walked away. Not knowing she'd take her last breath mere hours after I fell asleep. . .

My mind goes blank as the door slams. I flinched as Rebekah came into view, using her speed to her advantage. The blonde had stopped by the bed with a look I hadn't seen on her face much.

Her eyebrows were furrowed. The corners of her lips turned down. And the beautiful blue in her eyes had turned stormy. Similar to Niklaus. It was almost as if she were worried. . .

" Hey. What kind of game do you think you're playing? " Those stormy eyes rolled as the blonde attempted to keep a playful tone to her words. " I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city. "

Hours must have passed as I was lost in my head. Last time I'd checked Vina was still sleeping. Now however the girl sat up. Her eyes glued to her hands, water peaking at the corners. " I didn't do it. " The girl's voice shook a little. " Not on purpose. " She amends after a moment. " I-- I don't know what's wrong with me. "

Hearing her voice shake, and seeing the tears slowly begin to leak, reminded me of when I'd first entered this world. Back when I was younger and stupider. When I was naive enough to believe the lies the world whispered in my ears. Yet there wasn't a thing I could do for her. Except squeezing her hand just that tiny bit tighter.

        ~~~Scene Change~~~

Vina had finally fallen back asleep. And for once she appeared to be sleeping peacefully. Maybe I should have been relieved. Maybe I should have been grateful things were calm for this one moment. But the only thing I felt was exhaustion.

Rebekah must have seen something in my face as I leaned back in my chair, the air escaping my lungs in the form of a sigh. Her eyes were a deep calm blue while a soft smile played at the corners of her lips. " You need a break love. " My head was shaking before she'd finished her sentence. Yet she just took my hand and forced me to stop. " Take a break. I'll stay and watch over Davina. "