CHAPTER 62: PLEDGE

*CLICK*

*CLICK*

The clicking sound of a woman's heels suddenly stops as Helena notices the presence of people standing behind her. She turns around and sees Princess Mera, her sister, with almost a dozen of her followers standing behind her.

"What is going on here, sister? What did these young ladies do for you to threaten them like this? As a princess, we must learn to be merciful and not bully others with our statuses,"

Princess Mera said to Helena with a disappointed tone.

After Princess Mera finished speaking, a young Lord standing behind her, Klaus Branigan, walked forward and stood between Helena and Mera.

"No, Your Highness, it must have been my sisters who offended the little princess. They never learned how to show proper respect to royals. Please forgive them, Princess Mera,"

Klaus Branigan said, placing his hand on his chest and bowing his head.

"Nora, Grace. Do you think this guy is retarded?"

Helena asked Grace and Nora, who stood behind her.

"Yes, my liege, I believe he forgot his brain at the store where he got that awful suit,"

Grace replied immediately, insulting the young Lord.

"Hey, Grace, you can't say that. Even though it's true, we should never say such things to a noble,"

Nora whispered sarcastically to Grace.

"You might be right, Grace. Because only someone lacking common sense would ask for forgiveness from someone when no offense has occurred. And even if something did happen, why would you ask my sister for forgiveness instead of me? Did you hit your head as a child?"

Helena insulted Klaus with an annoyed tone and an annoyed expression.

"Pfffttt!!... Hahahaha. What a funny little girl. I see why Mother is interested in you,"

Helena heard those words and turned her gaze to her side and sees Canaria. the second daughter of Empress Selene, approaching with a smile. But Helena could tell that her smile was not friendly but carried an intent behind it.

"By loudly proclaiming that the empress is interested in me, everyone in the Hall has turned their gaze toward me. Both those in the empress faction and other factions will begin to keep an eye on me. This is a very good plan. I doubt this little thirteen-year-old came up with it,"

Helena thought to herself as she smiled back at Canaria, who now stood in front of her.

"Don't worry, sister. I am here to help. I won't let them bully you,"

Canaria said in a reassuring tone, looking back over her shoulder.

"Canaria, what do you mean by the empress being interested in our little sister?"

Mera asked with a curious tone.

Hearing her question, Canaria looked into Mera's eyes, smirked, and replied, "It means you should know your place and keep your followers in line."

Mera could tell from Canaria's words and actions that Helena had become one of the empress's tools. So instead of butting heads she decided to leave since it was not time for her to bear her fangs at the empress yet.

"I see... I'm sorry, sister. I will be taking my leave now,"

Mera apologized to Canaria with a bitter smile on her face as she walked away, followed by her followers.

"Tsk, how can the child of a slave speak to me, the son of a viscount, in such a vulgar manner? If she weren't a princess, I would sell her to the slave market, where she belongs,"