Cold Terror, Primal Fear

By : c4tnip
Source : AO3

"Yo... Long time no see."

There was a boy in front of him. Wide eyed, with a manic grin plastered on his face. Toji was staring at the very real, very alive Gojo Satoru, who was meant to be dead and rotting. He'd done it with his very own hands, after all, and the proof was right there. The dried crimson settled on his face, clearly his own blood.

"..." Toji could only stare dumbfounded, more annoyed than anything. "Are you serious?" He asked simply, staring at the boy with furrowed brows.

"Oh yeah, I'm alive and well." Gojo announced, grinning as he spoke. He moved a hand to part his fringe, revealing a mark formed on his forehead. Toji could recognize it immediately, the reversed cursed technique. Toji's lips were pressed together into a thin line, his expression scrutinized into something along the lines of annoyance.

"I gave up on fighting back when you crushed my throat," Gojo began, unable to fight his widening smile, "I poured my all into perfecting this technique. Cursed energy uses negative energy, it can fortify the body, but it can't cause regeneration! That is why it is necessary to multiply it with more cursed ener-"

What interrupted Gojo was a harsh pain exploding against his face, Toji's knuckles meeting his nose. The force caused his body to fly downwards, the direction that Toji had angled his punch. He cried out when his head met the concrete, grimacing in pain. Within seconds, the smile had been wiped off of Gojo's face, as he raised a hand to caress the part of his head that had met the concrete.

He grit his teeth, heaving a breath and glancing forward at Toji. His shoulders were shaking visibly, not out of fear. Out of exertion, his body barely stayed upwards. It was a wonder how the boy had managed to haul himself here, healed by the reverse cursed technique or not. His expression was bewildered, as if the idea of anyone even touching him was out of question. Toji could tell, the boy was high, or at least out of it. Whatever it was, it allowed Toji to get a hit in, and that was all he needed to win. Before Gojo could counterattack, or even defend himself, Toji had unsheathed his inverted spear of heaven, pulling it from the curse wrapped around his torso, and sped towards Gojo. He was only just pulling himself up, teeth grit in pain. Within seconds, Toji was at the top of the boy's body, expression darkened.

Gojo cried out as the spear met his side, wounding his body, but hitting nothing vital. Despite that, it drew blood, ripping open his already destroyed uniform. "Bah..." Toji pressed his lips together, wrenching the spear out of Gojo's side. "Why'd you come back, huh? Thought you'd win?" Toji's head was tilted mockingly, his tone flat with boredom. Spear still clenched in a singular fist, Toji kneeled down, the sole of his shoe pressed into one of Gojo's thighs. Gojo's expression was angered, defiant, as if he weren't the one who brought this upon himself. In no state to fight back, though he squirmed endlessly, struggling against Toji's weight.

Pulling his spear up and sheathing it into the curse's mouth, Toji narrowed his gaze onto Gojo's bloodied face. He pressed his lips together, he couldn't help but note his fragility. He was well built, as expected of the strongest, though compared to Toji, he looked fragile. His pale and delicate skin didn't help, pretty like a girl. A narrowed nose, plump lips and piercing eyes. Even when knocked down, struggling violently, his eyes stood out above all. Toji idly noticed that Gojo's nose had begun gushing with blood. His punch may have broken his nose, not unexpected. The crimson flowing freely against his skin only contrasted his eyes further, darkened with anger.

Toji nestled his hands into Gojo's white hair, ignoring Gojo's pathetic flailing against his grip. He was pushing back against Toji with both hands, unable to use his cursed technique as it had been nullified. It was a sorry sight. "Did you come here expecting to win, really?" Toji leaned forward, until their faces were directly in front of each other, Gojo's soft, panting breath warm against Toji's face. "Can't accept one loss, huh? You'd chase me down till the ends of the earth if you had any say..." Toji huffed a sigh, closing his eyes with an amused expression. Maybe it was pride, or his ego. Toji chuckled at the thought, how easily Gojo was willing to throw away his life for his stupid, teenage boy pride.