Fanboy

By : InShinsouHitoshis_Pants
Source : AO3

Satoru loved the band 'Sorcerer-Killers'.
He had been a fan for over a decade and knew every single Song of them by heart. He gobbled up everything that they released, be it merch, a whole album or only a little snippet of a new song. Satorou supported his favorite band however he could.
His favorite member was their drummer, Toji Fushiguro. He had pitch black hair that hung into his face, he was broad and tall, wide shoulders and a muscular chest.
Satoru had thousands of pictures of him pinned to his walls and even his lock screen on his phone was a whole collage of picture of him. The white haired, late teen had a huge crush on him.

That's why Satoru even traveled to another county to see a concert of theirs. They unfortunately didn't play in his home country, so he took a vacation from his part time job and spent all his money that he got on a hotel, a flight and the ticket to the concert of course. It cost him every last penny he had, but he would never sleep on this opportunity to see him live in action.

Satoru couldn't sleep the night before his flight, he had packed days before and even crossed out the days on his calendar until the day of his flight. The concert was the day after, he would spend two nights in the hotel he had booked. Luckily it was right across the Arena they played in, the perfect spot to get up early and camp right in front of it to get a front row view. This meant so much to him and he was so happy to have enough money and the free time to do this. He wanted to cherish every single second of this experience and not risk anything to ruin it.

So, the day came and he took his flight, everything went smoothly and he got on the bus from the airport to the Hotel. He was exhausted and tired from the flight and the long hours of being awake and continuously under adrenaline and stress and fell asleep quickly. The white haired boy was giddy and so happy to have only one last night of sleeping until he would see his favorite band. Satoru had packed all the merchandise articles he could wear, T-Shirt, necklace, rings and wrist-band and couldn't wait to wear it tomorrow. He wanted to be in line around 10 am and spent the whole day waiting to get the best place right in front of the stage, the alarm was set in a 5 minute rhythm from 8 am on. Sleeping in was impossible.

Satoru hadn't slept well, but he was immediately awake when the alarm woke him.
He got out of bed to take a quick breakfast at the hotel buffet and then he would get in line. He had packed snacks for waiting in front of the arena but he needed a good basis first. He didn't want to faint during the concert.
The white haired student got into his gray sweatpants and a plain black T-shirt and made his way to the buffet. The hotel offered all inclusive, so if he wanted he could have all his meals here. But he would only get the breakfast and maybe sneak a muffin or a bagel into his bag for later.

The breakfast was nice, Satoru stuffed his belly full with a few pancakes and cereal with fruit and freshly pressed orange juice that would hopefully be enough for the next few hours. The eating room was heavily frequented, many guests of the hotel were eating here as well with him and almost every table was taken. Satorou had to navigate his way out of the big hall with quickly hurrying staff that brought extra wishes to the guests who weren't satisfied with the buffet.

Just as Satoru was walking out of the breakfast area, he spotted someone familiar amongst all those strangers.
Straight black hair, a broad back, tall...
No, that couldn't be. He was walking in front of him so Satorou couldn't see his face properly. But he had surely the physique of the man Satoru knew better than himself. He had read every article, watched every interview, been in every forum that existed for his favorite band. The white haired boy was sure he would recognize him when he saw him.
But now he was very unsure and intimidated.

What if this was really Toji Fushiguro?
What would he do then ?
He just couldn't tap him on his shoulder and say hi?!
Satoru took his phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants and took a few pictures of his back and the back of his head while he continued to walk after him. He tried to follow him quietly and secretly, he didn't want to draw any attention to himself or annoy the drummer. He must be sick of people who just threw themselves at him and steal any kind of privacy from him. Satoru didn't want to be such a person. But he couldn't ignore him either. He needed to see his face to be sure if it was really him.
The small scar at the corner of his mouth that he admired so much and knew by heart. He would recognize it everywhere.