How You Look At Me

By : the64single
Source : AO3

Chapter 1 : Like You Wanna Kill Me

The first time, it was curiosity.

Fushiguro Toji didn’t like teaching. At least, not the concept of it. He definitely didn’t like any part of being dragged back into the Jujutsu world and he definitely didn’t like how frequently he ended up having to see Gojo Satoru at the school.

Why Gojo would trust a man who nearly cut his head off enough to petition to make him a teacher at the technical college was completely beyond Toji’s comprehension, but the worst part was that Gojo could just… do that. ‘Petition’ was just a polite term; he could make the world bend to his will. If Gojo Satoru wanted the scum of the Zen’in family to be a teacher, it may as well be an emperor’s decree. In a way, Gojo was protecting him. What a fucking brat.

Toji half wondered if he should have just let the Gojo brat kill him, instead of heal him. As part of the deal Gojo had made with him in exchange for 'the healz, with a z' as Gojo had called it smugly, Toji had to be a teacher, but did live pretty unbothered, for the most part.

The terms of the deal were simple, on paper.

“I want the Inverted Spear so I can destroy it. No more stabby-stabs, 'kay? And I want you, at the school, to be a teacher with me after I graduate. I think I can make that happen.” There were literal holes in Toji’s body as Gojo ticked fingers off and counted off his demands. Toji swore Gojo had asked for his final words, but of course the brat didn’t know how to shut up. “Oh, and no more of this Sorc Killer stuff, yeah? You can’t hurt any of the kids or sorcerers. I’ll give you a list of names! With pictures, of course.”

In exchange, Gojo would let him live, and more importantly, keep Megumi from being sold off to the Zen’in. It was unspoken that if Toji should do anything that should break their arrangement, Gojo would most likely kill him, meaning Megumi would be sold to his shitty family, and Tsumiki would go into the children support association because the Zen’in definitely would not take her in. Megumi adored his step-sister, and Toji could only imagine the ways in which the Zen'in would try to break the boy. Toji hated the Zen’in and quite liked living, so he had no choice but to accept these terms and mumble out an agreement before Gojo waved a hand and healed him, victorious.

It had been a process to get Toji installed at the technical college, but it did have its perks. True to his word, none of the Zen’in came near him, Megumi, or his step-daughter. They had to live on campus ("So I can keep an eye on you," Gojo said cheerfully), but the house wasn’t too bad - a little small, but cozy and a hell of a lot better than the shithole they’d been cooped up in before. He also had unfettered(ish) access to a few of the school’s cursed tools (“For class purposes only,” Gojo reminded him). Tsumiki and Megumi would be going to normie school until they were of age to attend the technical college. Toji’s stupid teacher paycheck was also more than enough for him and the kids to have a hot meal every night and for him to get them anything they needed.

Toji was dreading the fall semester. He didn't like his own time as a student at the college, remembering the nasty looks from his family and fellow students alike, and had been expecting the same treatment as a teacher, especially as someone that had almost killed the Star Plasma Vessel and two Special Grade sorcs.

“It’ll be fun, I promise,” Gojo had said cheerfully on Toji’s first day, after having introduced him to a group of second years as ‘Daddy-sensei’ and Toji wanted to stab him all over again.

But the other teachers stayed out of his way, and the students didn’t seem too bad. Toji had to admit (begrudgingly, and with much malice towards Gojo) that he actually liked seeing the kids improve in combat. He sparred with them and taught them about the properties of and how to care for cursed tools and the kids listened intently, and didn't think Toji's worm curse was gross whenever it spat up a tool for class.