Gashes and Glamour

Something about that weirdo repulsed me. Fenrir Greyback was a werewolf, and a ferocious one at that. Not that i have anything against them, I find it rather interesting actually.

But I knew of his dark secrets. He was a death eater. It was no secret that the Dark Lord Voldemort, had started a group of followers. And Greyback was just one of them. But what made him even more sick and twisted, was that he would pass on his lycanthropy to anyone who got in his way. Even helpless children.

And now, it had happened to me.

I sat there on my cold bedroom floor. My back was propped up against my bed as I held back my tears. Blood was spilling down my dress, covering the floor and it's surroundings.

The bite mark on my upper hip will forever remind me of the events of that night.

                                    ~

There was going to be a elegant ball at the Payne manor. It was to celebrate The 50th anniversary of the day my amazing Grandfather murdered 1,347 innocent muggles. All of the sacred 29 were invited to the evening plus a couple of death eaters. (No surprise there).

I dreaded the stupid event. The only thing that would make it better was seeing my best mate, Sirius Black. I hadn't seen him in like, a year! He was about the only thing that made my life a tad interesting.

With him being off at Hogwarts it meant my boring homeschooled life was only more boring.

It was 1:00 and the ball started at 6:30.

I was sitting on the outside patio, reading stories of princesses and their princes. I was so jealous at how they were saved from the wicked witches, much like the ones I was surrounded with.

I craved my night in shining armour.

Getting carried away I checked my trusty pocket watch. It was 2:30. Goblins. I needed to get ready. I dashed inside, dodging multiple house elves who were rushing, trying to make the house look pristine.

"Stop running you stupid girl." My so called 'Dad' scolded me with that all too familiar scowl. I froze on the spot,
"My apologies father." I spurted out like an idiot and walked with up the stairs and along the hallway.

When I entered my room, their was two witches, ready to make me look like a perfect bachelorette.

This balls other purpose was to put me in the spotlight, like I was on sale. It made me physically ill knowing I was destined to be like my parents.

They sat me down right away, "Let's get on with it now?" The tallest witch spoke as she waved her wand, opening a case full of cosmetics.

The witch on the right was painting my face with all different types of makeup. This was about the only part I enjoyed. I loved makeup so much, it gave me a sense of control.

The witch on the left was straightening my hair. My mother insisted that my blonde curls should be straight like hers.

It was now 4:30 and guests would be arriving soon. Both witches stood up to retrieve the corset my stupid  mother had ordered me to wear. She was absolutely convinced that I had been getting fat over the holidays. This couldn't be more wrong.

I was stick thin, even with my recent stages of puberty giving me a little bit more curve in my body. I was 5'0. Without my makeup and hair done, I looked like a wee baby, not 15.

My mother always insisted the ladies getting me ready to make the corset as tight as humanly possible. They tugged on the strings, making my waist shrink 3 sizes. You'd thought they'd used magic!