New Moon

~

The holidays spent with Delmar, Sørine and Madaylia were amazing. They had spent every moment together, making memories.

It was the last day of Christmas break and Yvette was incredibly nervous for Sirius. She hadn't heard from him at all. She didn't know much about his plans to run away, not really anyone did. All she knew was that he was going to mess up somehow the night of the Lestrange's annual Christmas extravaganza.

He could've died for all she knew.

She sat there, curled up in her room. She took a break from packing and let her thoughts consume her.

Sirius could've been injured. His mother and father weren't shy on punishment before, how can i know he's safe? I should've stopped him. It was way too dangerous.

This came to a quick stop as a tapping on her window caught her attention.

A brown owl was knocking on the glass. Yvette was extremely confused, she didn't recognise this owl.

The blonde opened the window, letting the silly bird in. "Now, who do you belong to?" She asked the owl, as if waiting for a response.

It squawked and dropped a letter on her bedside table.

She got up and opened it hesitantly.

Dear Yvette,

Sirius made it to my house a couple days ago. He told me to write to you as he's a bit too unwell at the moment

Her heart stopped. Unwell?!

He's safe, his parents disowned him and everything. We couldn't write earlier as we were trying to sort out his situation. Anyways we hope you had a nice Christmas and a happy new year and all that kerfuffle.

From Yours Truly, Prongs

Yvette was confused. 'Dealing with his situation'? What does that even mean. She sat the letter on her desk and walked over to her mirror. It was definitely like James to leave her with so many more questions that answers.

Her mind was brought back to the secret garden that resided off the back of her childhood home. Whenever she felt like she needed to escape the world, that was the answer, a gorgeous answer covered with wild flowers and fairytales.

According to Donati, the garden was built by their Grandmother. She was betrothed to their Retched Grandfather. Apparently she was kind and sweet, and when was a young witch, she made the garden as a getaway from her husbands wrath.

Such a sad tale made Yvette want nothing more than to cherish the garden. Being there was such a magical feeling, and she would always admire her Grandmother, although she never met her.

Dancing her fingers through her hair, she took in her new bedroom, her new life. The walls were a deep blue, with a white ceiling. A small table in the corner which was covered in letters and quills, aside from the open picture book she'd been decorating.

On the floor was fluffy grey carpet. The bed was in the corner opposite the door, with a wooden canopy extending from the bottom. The bed sheets were a pastel yellow with splashes of pink. Beside the bed was a wooden bedside table to match the wooden closet. On the table was a lamp with a colourful glass lampshade.

Yvette loved the lamp as it shone bright colours all over the room when it was turned on. Another favourite of hers what's the giant bookcase. On the bookcase was a record player that had all of her favourite muggle music.

"Yvette!" Her name was being called from downstairs. "Yes?" She answered back, getting up and walking out of her new room.

"It's dinner time," The voice called out. Yvette smiled a bit. Delmar's food was definitely delicious, he had told her he learned to cook from when he first ran away. It was sad but definitely didn't go to waste.