Waxing Crescent

~

Today was the day. It was not only a Saturday, but it was time for James, Peter, and Sirius's greatest scheme.

Operation: Vemus. Or, Rvette. (The name was still being decided upon.)

The plan was unfolding in their second week of the second semester. Yvette's birthday was slowly approaching but so was the full moon. They had to do it quickly.

Sirius, Peter and James all huddled in the Marauders bedroom. Remus had been sent to Mcgonagall's office, with some persuasion from Sirius, as a diversion.

"Ok, have you got the candy roses?" James asked Sirius who was sprinkling a substance on a particular box of confectionery's.

"Mhm," He placed a lid of the box and passed it to Peter, who seemed tempted to eat it.

"Right, if this goes to plan, we might just have a wedding to plan." James rubbed his hands mischievously.

"Good thing one of us might get married, sorry James you've got no hope with Evans." Sirius clapped the messy haired boy on the back.

James made a fake offended face and scoffed.

"Hurry up you two, stop fighting." Peter rolled his eyes and grabbed the Marauders map.

"James, have you got the cloak?" Sirius followed Peter towards the exit, turning back for confirmation from his half-brother.

"Yup, let's go." James exclaimed, as they all made their way down the Gryffindor common room stairs.

~

"Hey! Yvette!" Peter ran up to the short girl in the hallway. Even Peter was taller than her, and that was saying something. She slowed her pace and turned to face the out of breath Marauder.

"Yes?" She smiled at him, placing her hands delicately infront of her.

"Because your so good at Charms, and i think i'm going to fail that class, could you please help me study in the library if your free?" Peter put on his best lying facade. It worked. How gullible she could be.

Yvette gave him a sincere yet sad smile. "Of course Pete, cmon." They trodded off to the library.

Peter looked behind him and gave a seemingly empty hallway a wink. A floating hand came out of nowhere and gave him a thumbs up.

Operation: Underway.

They made it to the library and Yvette pulled up a chair in a quiet little booth. Being homeschooled meant she was naturally talented in all subjects, she didn't have to worry about all those things. But Peter did, so she understood and was always willing to help.

Peter sat opposite her and she immediately started pulling out charm books. "Right, what are you most worried about?" Yvette brought her elbows up on the table and sat her head in her palms.

Peter had been told exactly what to say and was not going to mess it up.

"Erm, everything." He instantly forgot everything he was supposed to say and messed it up.

She gave him a strange look but shrugged. "Guess we should start with the basics." The blonde girl picked up a book labelled, 'Charms and Spells; For Beginners'.

After a while, Peter not only felt confident with 3rd year level charms, but he had successfully placed the box of sweets on the table in-front of them.

For the past week, the Marauders minus Remus had convinced the house elves to not serve sweets or any deserts to Yvette's section of the table. Marlene was in on it all and had been keeping Yvette away from sweets that whole week. And it just so happened that she had a major craving for sugar at that moment, so there was no second guessing what she did next.