And Blow Your House Down.

24th Dec, 1975                                  

~

Remus's pov:

My head was pounding, the light blinding my eyes. I groaned and rolled over. Feeling the cool morning air on my skin. I felt something warm beside me. It was so warm and comforting, like a big fluffy blanket. But it wasn't fluffy. It was smooth, and soft?

I opened my eyes to see what i was cuddling up against.

Yvette?! My eyes widened and i slowly sat up, trying to not to wake her. The blanket thankfully covered most of her, so i lifted it up over her shoulders and stood up completely.

James was behind us, still in his animagus form like Yvette had suggested, fast asleep. I slipped into my clothes which included a Gryffindor sweater and some brown jeans.

I grabbed a bottle of water and sat down next to the sleeping stag.

The atmosphere was so peaceful. The sun hadn't completely risen yet, so the air was cool and fresh. Morning birds and pixies were chirping in the trees surrounding us. The lake running moderately, adding it's sound to the air around us.

My focus was switched to the blonde girl laying at my feet. It's so cruel that a girl that sweet had to go through that bullshit.

Sirius had told us about Yvette as soon as he found out she was coming to Hogwarts. He knew we would treat her with kindness and welcome her, so he trusted us. Her family's apart of that pureblood mania shit. All of us knew how it was behind those manor walls because of Sirius's personal experience.

It's hell.

She was lucky enough to be disowned early on. But i still didn't get why she was allowed to attend school if her whole family line was homeschooled. That part is still unclear to me.

I hadn't known i was staring at her for so long before i got a tap on my shoulder. "You like her don't you?" James who had just woken up asked me with a honest face.

"No, i mean she is beautiful, but i was just thinking about her old home life." I turned to look at James. "It's so cruel you know. That was their child. Their blood and sweat." I turned back to face the sleeping girl. James nodded before we sat there in comfortable silence, occupied with our own minds.

"Wait, we're you two cuddling last night?" James's eyes widened and his face grew a wide smirk.

"Yes, but it doesn't mean anything," I stood up and rolled my eyes at his wiggling eyebrows.

"I don't care if you don't like her, you would be great together. Mr and Mrs Moony." James smiled dreamily, that face he usually made when thinking about Lily.

I scoffed and chucked the water bottle at him. He whined a bit and fake pouted.

"Shouldn't her parents be here soon, should we wake her?" James asked me.

"Let her sleep," I smiled fondly at the girl without James seeing. She really was pretty.

A few minutes had gone by before Yvette stirred. She opened her eyes before pulling up the blanket which had slipped a bit. She rubbed her tired brown eyes before meeting my gaze.

"If you two didn't mind, i'd like to get dressed." She smiled with that sweet smile.

"Yeah course." Me and James stood up and walked off behind a tree.

"I needed a wizz anyways," James announced loudly, making Yvette roll her eyes. We waited behind the big oak tree we had all met at the day before.

"Notice how the first person she looked at was you?" James nudged me in the ribs. I winced and gave him a gentle push.