Were the Wolves are

~

The full moon was slowly approaching and Yvette was terrified. Not only was it just her second transformation, she would be with another werewolf. It had been a week since Yvette found out about Remus.

What if she hurts Remus? What if he hurts her?

She was on her way to Astronomy. It was around 9 o'clock at night and Lily Marlene and Alice were all getting ready for bed. She was jealous, she had to go to a class in the middle of the night. Who came up with that idea? She wanted to meet the 'genius'.

She walked up to the astronomy tower through the halls. Remus caught up with her and started to walk along with Yvette. Neither of them said anything, just walking. A comfortably silence filling the air.

Yvette broke that silence. "The full moons tomorrow." She said looking ahead. Remus was trying to forget about the night coming. He sighed and replied with, "Are you sure you want to come to the shrieking shack with me?" He looked at her with worry across his face.

Even though Yvette was just like him, he still worried. He thought he was going to hurt her, or worse, kill her.

"I read that being with another Werewolf helps." Yvette started to climb the stairs to the Astronomy Tower.

"Yeah but, what if you get hurt?" He followed close behind her, staring at the floor to be a gentleman. "Remus." She turned to look at him. "We both know i'm going to get hurt no matter where i am tomorrow night, so quit worrying." She continued climbing the stairs, entering the onto the open space above the school.

The view was breathtaking.

She looked at all the stars in the night sky, so bright and stunning. But nothing was as bright as the moon. Since it was a day before the full moon, it was the closest she'd be able to see it as a human.

It was a shame that her Lycanthropy took away the beauty of the giant sphere. Replaced with pain and suffering.

Remus soon came up and went over to set up his telescope. The sky was clear tonight and the air was cool. It was the middle of October and it was definitely cold. It wasn't snowing yet but it would soon.

She walked over and sat her telescope next to Remus'. Their friendship was sort of forced, they had to be around each other as they were going through the same thing. But she didn't mind, he seemed nice enough.

They both were trying to ignore the terror they would have to go through the next night, scribbling down notes as they peered through the telescopes.

Astronomy had ended and Yvette was packing up her telescope. "If i don't see you tomorrow, meet the boys and I in our dorm before dark." He whispered to her, having to crouch down a bit.

She nodded and grabbed her things, heading off to get some well deserved sleep. It was one thing staying up this late, but it was so much worse when it's the day before a full moon.

The next day was the first Hogsmede weekend and Yvette was dreading it. Lily, Marlene and Alice had begged her to come, and she felt bad saying no.

She wondered what she was going to wear.

~

"Wake uppp Yvette!" Alice laughed in her face. Yvette opened her eyes and rubbed them tiredly.