All About The Chase

Nov 3rd, 1975

~

Yvette's pov -

I woke up bright and early. I rubbed my eyes trying to remember what was so special about today again?

I walked over to the calendar me and Lily had placed on the wall a few months prior. November 3rd. What day was that again?

"It's Sirius' birthday!" I said a bit too loud as i received a pillow to the face by Marlene. "Be quiet Vet!!" I loved my new nickname that the girls called me.

"Alright i'm heading over to the boys dorm to wish the birthday boy a happy birthday." I told the very much asleep girls. Lily mumbled something in return and i chuckled and left, taking my bag of presents with me.

I swung their dorm door open and ran in. I spotted Sirius's bed and decided to give him a very sisterly good morning call.

I launched myself onto his sleeping body and i started pulling the sheet off of him while he groaned in pain. "Wake up birthday boy!!!" I yelled straight in his ear. "AHH!" He yelled and shot up straight away clutching his ear.

James had woken up from the commotion and was laughing his arse off. Remus smirked and Peter was surprisingly still asleep.

"Now get up, it's time for presents," I pulled him onto the floor and James found his glasses before coming over and joining us. Remus stood up and walked over. He wore a long pair of stripy pants with one of his famous sweaters.

I was wearing a long pair of love heart dotted Pyjamas. "Didn't know it was valentines day as well?" Peter laughed crawling out of bed to join us on the floor.

"Open open!!" I passed him the smallest out of the presents. Sirius wore a giddy smile and tore into the wrapping revealing a deep black metallic pocket watch. "Everyone needs one, they help me so much." I sheepishly smiled, hoping he would like it. "Oh and i charmed it to connect to mine, so if your ever in trouble, it'll flash, same with mine."

He laughed and spoke, "Never knew you cared about me that much," Sirius batted his eyelashes at me.

"Shut up, open the next one." I smiled as he opened the biggest one.

He smirked as he saw the abundance of pranking supplies from Zonkos. "Happy birthday Sirius Orion Black!" I threw him into a sisterly hug and he chuckled returning the hug.

"Now for our presents!" James, Remus and Peter all swarmed Sirius with hugs and attention. I decided I would leave them to it and i walked out back to my dorm.

                                   ~

Sirius had planned a massive party in the Gryffindor common room that night. It was the talk of the school. Well only between the people who were invited. A couple random Gryffindors plus me and my friends. Obviously the Marauders and some exceptions from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

I was currently in Potions and Remus and I were working on our Amortentia.

"So i've got the Ashwinder eggs, have you got the other ingredients?" I asked my fellow werewolf who was scribbling down some notes.

We finished the class quickly and headed back to our dorms to get ready for the party.

Marlene was wearing a small green mini skirt with a tight green top. Alice was wearing a yellow dress with some white boots. Lily was wearing a pink flowy dress, with black boots.

I was wearing a brown long skirt with a black top. It was quite revealing but Marlene insisted i wore it.

We did our makeup and hair and off we went down to the common room. The place was decorated with balloons and banners, coloured with red and gold.