Chapter 21: Rescue (part two)

Notes:

part two of the exam fight yall

cw : canon typical violence, cursing
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text
They were only still alive because Ko hadn't gotten bored of them yet. That was an observation made clear when more students joined the fight.

Realizing that more firepower meant more chances of defeat, Ko completely jumped over the two teenage heroes fighting him and landed behind them. His eyes never left Kenji's.

"Ojirou-san, move!" Kenji kicked at Ojirou to move out of the way. Shoji grabbed both of the startled teenagers' arms and pulled them to the side just as Ko arrived and swung his leg down.

It was already obvious that Ko was a villain who fought with his legs. His hands were mere accessories that he only used when he felt like he absolutely needed to.

"Don't make this more difficult, Kenji-kun!" Ko said as he swung his leg again. Each time he jumped after them to land a kick, he left behind various craters of varying sizes. The students were barely able to stay away each time.

Ojirou was beyond terrified. He was moving on his own now, but he wasn't moving because he was back in the present. He was purely moving out of the way of danger and nothing else. He still couldn't muster up the energy to fight back.

Tape wrapped around Ko's legs. It made him lose his balance and gave Kenji and Shoji enough time to jump away while dragging Ojirou with them.

"Get behind the third years!" they heard Sero yell as he struggled to keep Ko wound up. Ko saw the source of the tape and tugged at it harshly, causing Sero to slide forward until he made the decision to cut it. That unfortunately meant that Ko was free to remove it and continue his pursuit.

He jumped over the next dispense of tape aimed his way, and instead of letting Sero keep trying to capture him, he grabbed an end and spun around the teen, leaving Sero and a few others who were standing near him trapped in his own tape.

The third years who were supposed to provide a cover of defense for Kenji and Shoji were quickly taken down.

"What is the end goal for this exam?" Shoji blurted as they stood behind a car. It wasn't accurate to say they were hiding behind anything at this point. "To just let him kill the civilian??"

Any response died in their throats when Ko stood back up and stared back at them. There was no more playfulness in his features. He held the eyes of a predator who knows they'd cornered their prey.

Students in their path instinctively took a step back when Ko stalked past them. Each looked like they wanted to punch themselves for not doing anything to stop his rapid approach. I mean, look at their friends. Bound together and knocked out. All with supposed strong Quirks.

Before Ko could reach them, his head just barely managed to turn to see an ice attack headed his way. It wasn't fast enough of a reaction time.

"Todoroki!" many screams of joy made their rounds when they found their dual classmate standing a little ways off from the center of the chaos. Now standing in the middle was an angered Ko, struggling to free his legs and arm from the slowly rising ice.

In just one second, Todoroki had managed to do more damage than the fifteen students combined. Truly one of the top scorers for a reason.

"That's our Todoroki!" Sero exclaimed excitedly as he and a few others tried to detangle themselves from his tape.

"Quick! Before he manages to get away!"

Ko's eyes darted all around him. The still walking students were closing in on him, and no matter how much ice he breaks to free a limb, Todoroki doesn't stop.