𝟎𝟐 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚ੈ✩‧₊˚ ੈ✩‧₊˚╰┈➤ first day at school

╰┈➤ first day at school.

Eliana walked into Silver Falls High School for the first time in a year. Eliana was excited to see her best friend, Erin Collins. Eliana and Erin had been best friends since kindergarten, they instantly bonded over their matching shoes they had.

Eliana looked around, trying to spot the girl she called her best friend, that's when she spotted Erin Collins kissing a certain blonde Walter boy next to his car. Erin and Cole were together now? Eliana couldn't believe that her best friend would do something so low.

"What the fuck?" Eliana said, a disgusted look on her face. "Ellie—" Erin began talking, Eliana raised her eyebrows. "I left for a year and you get with my fucking ex-boyfriend?" She cut the blonde girl off, "Well, I didn't think you'd mind." Erin said, "This is some crazy shit." Eliana said, "Whatever." She added, turned to the rest of the Walter's.

"It's great to see the rest of you guys, tho. Real shame about those assholes." Eliana pointed to Erin and Cole. That's when Eliana spotted a pretty brunette who looked...scared? "I don't believe we've met, i'm Eliana Mason." Eliana smiled, "Hi. Jackie Howard." The girl smiled.

"I'll see you guys later, have a great day at school. Not you tho, Erin and Cole. I hope your days terrible." Eliana sarcastically smiled, "Ellie—" Eliana cut Erin off for the second time, "Fuck off." She said, walking inside the school.

That was Eliana Mason. She didn't take shit from anybody. She also didn't let anyone see how badly things affected her, seeing Erin and Cole broke her heart into a million pieces, but was she going to show them that? No. Absolutely not.

Walking inside, Eliana kept her head held high, she obviously knew everyone was talking about her as she heard mumbles and whispers like 'Have you seen her baby?' or 'I heard that she doesn't know who her baby's father is' and last but not least, her personal favourite 'She's such a slut.'

Sitting down in her first period, she got her pencil case and text book out, "Miss Mason, it's great to see you back." The teacher said, "Thank you, Sir. It's great to be back." Eliana lied, then Cole Walter walked in. Just who she wanted to see.

"Cole, please take a seat beside Eliana." The teacher said, Eliana's eyes shot up at the teacher and glared. "But, sir—" Now it was Eliana who got cut off, "No buts, Eliana." She sighed, kept a smile on her face to show he didn't have any effect on her.

Cole took a seat next to her, played with a pencil until Eliana's phone beeped. It lit up, her lock screen was a picture of Amelia smiling. Cole shifted awkwardly in his seat, obviously seeing the picture of his daughter on Eliana's phone.

"Ellie, I think you should forgive Erin, it's not her fault." Cole said, "Oh, how sweet. You and Erin together, now you're fighting her battles. Oh, how much I admire your relationship, Cole." Eliana sighed, Cole gave a 'serious?' look at her.

"What? I'm just saying, I think it's cute." Eliana shrugged, "El, don't be like that." Cole said, "Like what?" Eliana asked, acting oblivious. "Stubborn. You're being stubborn because you're mad at me." Cole said, now it was Eliana's turn to give him the 'serious?' look.

"Cole, are you fucking joking me? Just mad at you? I couldn't hate you more right now." Eliana let out a fake laugh, to try and give the 'I don't care' effect. Although, she cared. She scared so fucking much. She wanted nothing more than to scream in his face and tell him how much he broke her.

Cole knew her better than she knew herself, he knew that she was bottling up all her feelings and one day she will just break down. Cole knew she was trying to convince herself that she was okay, that everything was okay, but it wasn't. Even he knew that, he was the one that broke her.

Eliana and Cole sat in silence for the rest of the period, Eliana didn't show any emotion except for a smile for the rest of the class. All she could think about was getting home to her sweet baby girl, Millie.

Once it was finally lunch, Eliana was stood in the cafeteria. Everyone deep in their own conversations, before she left she had tons of friends, the most popular girl at school. She had the perfect life, boyfriend, friends, she had everything at school.

Now, she didn't even a friend to sit with at lunch. Eliana sighed, debated going to sit in the bathroom stalls for lunch. She failed to notice Cole Walter staring at her anxious look, as she scanned the cafeteria with hope of somebody to sit with.

Cole was the only person who was aware of Eliana's anxiety. She would get anxiety attacks a lot, and Cole was the only person who could calm her down. She hadn't had one whilst away in Greece, but Eliana could tell her anxiety was beginning to come back.

No matter how much he tried to convince himself, he still cared about the brunette girl he once loved, once called his girlfriend. He cared and worried for her a lot. Although, he'd never let himself admit it, but there was a part of him that wanted to be a father, wanted to meet his daughter, wanted to be with Eliana.

"Eliana! Come sit." The brunette heard, she turned her head and saw Nathan Walter waving at her to join him and his two brothers. Eliana smiled gratefully and she joined Nathan, Alex and Danny at the lunch table.

"Thank you. For letting me sit here." Eliana smiled at the three boys she once spent almost everyday with. "You're welcome to sit with us anytime, Ellie. You know that." Danny assured her, Eliana couldn't help but follow Alex's stare.

Jackie, the new girl, sat with Cole and his friends. "Hey, what's the deal with Jackie?" Eliana asked, she was genuinely confused and didn't understand why the Walter's had befriended Jackie. "She lives with us."

Eliana's eyes widened, "Since when?" She asked, "Since Saturday." Nathan said, "And, Alex here has a crush on her, and is breaking inside at the sight of Cole and Jackie." Danny added, Eliana nodded slowly. "Got it." She said.

"What about you? What's the deal with the, well, baby." Alex said, here it comes. The big question. "Well, obviously she's my daughter." Eliana stated the obvious. The brothers were intrigued, wanted to find out more.

"Unfortunately, I cannot reveal my secrets." She gave a smile.

✧.* authors note !

soo...this is eliana's first encounter with cole and erin. don't worry, she won't hate erin forever.

𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄, cole walter. On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara