The Weather Reflects The Mood

Sloppy Joe, Connecticut

The sun was shining so brightly, on a gorgeous May day. Flowers were blooming, the birds were singing their song of Spring, and kids were rolling around on the grass in the wide meadow. Elizabeth came in from the grocery shop, bringing in a can of Hormel chili, some nacho cheese Doritos, and some cheese, as she was planning on making chili cheese dip.

"Where have you been?" Her boyfriend, Zeke, inquired.

"I was at the supermarket, Zeke," said Elizabeth. "Is that a problem?'

"We're gonna be late for the movies!" Zeke barked.

"Lower your voice!" Elizabeth demanded.

"You take way too long, and furthermore....." Their bantering was interrupted by the sound of heavy rainfall outside. The sun was nowhere, and the kids that were playing outside got soaked and had to run all the way home.

"It's raining, cause of your mood, Zeke!" Elizabeth protested.

"Good, it deserves to rain!" Zeke said.

Elizabeth was at a loss for words.

This story was written on Monday, February 12th, 2024. (Lincoln's Birthday)

A/N Wow, it's amazing how someone feels can have an impact on the weather! 😳🌧️ ☔ Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.