Chapter 5

I was to leave that night. I didn't need to bring much. I only needed my siphons, a sword and my knife Truth-Teller. I met Rhys back at the river house just after sunset. My shadows had told me bad had told the rest of the inner circle of what I had agreed to do. They were all waiting with him at the river house when I arrived. Elain and Lucien weren't there luckily, so I didn't have the distraction from the female who had made be vow to myself that I would never fall in love again.
"Good luck Az. I'll see you in a week, hopefully with our friend from Tamlin's court." Rhys said.
"I'll see you all in a week" I said before I winnowed down to the Spring Court.

I couldn't winnow too close to Tamlin's mansion otherwise he would know I was here, so I landed about a half day flight away, so I could travel under the cover of darkness. I had sent my shadows to check out the situation at his mansion. They told me that the female was called Lysabel and was being held in the third floor suite and had a constant guard around her. They also told me that she hadn't been outside in two weeks, and the next time she would leave the mansion would be for her wedding in a week. I had also been informed that she was miserable in this court, so convincing her to leave with me would be easy.

I began the flight to his mansion minutes after I arrived in the Spring Court. I had been flying for a couple of hours before I ran into my first and only obstacle. My shadows informed me that there were guards in the forest I was flying over, but I was flying above the trees, so they shouldn't see me. To be on the safe side, I surrounded the guards with shadows as I flew over their base to avoid being seen. I could hear their shouts, but since it was night, they must not find shadows attacking them weird, since I knew there were some different beasts living in the forests of the Spring Court.

I made it to the walls of Tamlin's mansion without being detected. Rhys definitely knew what he was doing when he chose me to go on this mission. I used my shadows to get into the mansion and used them for cover as I walked through the heart of the High Lord of the Spring Court's territory. I made it to the third floor without being detected. I navigated my way through the halls to find the suite where she was being kept. I saw a pair of guards outside a door and my shadows informed me that that was her room. I used my shadows to travel through the door and I was in the room where my target was being imprisoned. Now I had to find where so was in this room. I sent my shadows to go and find where she was. They came back seconds later and informed me that she was in the living area reading a book.

I stuck to the shadows as I made my way to the living area. I looked around the room and then I laid my eyes on her. Lysabel had long chestnut brown hair and beautiful gold eyes. She was curled up on an armchair with a book in her hands, and even though she looked peaceful at this current moment, I could sense her fear and panic in the air. I knew Tamlin scared her and I knew she did want to marry him. I then felt a pull in my heart and felt my heart beat faster. I didn't know what was happening. And then my whole world flipped. I suddenly knew what had just happened. The secret vow I had made to myself would be harder to keep. My life would never be the same.

Lysabel, the female I had never met before in my life and who I was meant to rescue, was my mate.