Chapter 18

Absolute chaos followed. The Night Court's army charged towards Tamlin's mansion, and Tamlin's guards flooded out of the doors. I grabbed Bel and flew us up above the battle taking place bellow. I knew what we had to do. We had to find Tamlin in the chaos happening beneath us.

I spotted Tamlin with his sword out fighting against Cassian bellow. I dive down and land behind the fighting pair. I place Bel down and shout, "Over hear Tamlin!"
"You!" Tamlin screams with fury in his eyes. He turns away from Cassian and raises his sword above me. I block his advance and begin to duel him.

Our swords clash over and over again. I knew Bel was waiting for my signal. I knew I had to give the signal at the right moment, otherwise I would be killed and she would be imprisoned by Tamlin for the rest of her life. Everyone around us had stopped to watch us duel. I just needed to get him into the right position. A position where Bel could sneak up behind him.

Finally after twenty minutes of swords clashing and Tamlin's attempts to make me falter, I got him into a suitable position. Now! I scream down the bond. I see Bel sneak up behind Tamlin as I disarm him. She grabs him from behind with the strength she had been trained to wield, and place Truth-Teller against his neck.
"It's over Tamlin." I say to him as he struggles.
"You'll never hurt any female again. You'll never force one of us to be your's. I should kill you, but I won't." Bel snarls from behind him, years of anger at him built up in her voice.
"What can you do to stop me Lysabel?" He taunts, and she presses the knife closer to his throat.
"If you run from this court, run from Prythian, and I'll spare you. If you return, I'll let the Night Court kill you slowly."
"What about this court? Are you really just going to let it thrive without a High Lord?" Tamlin taunts again.
"Be careful how you speak to my mate." I growl at him.
"You best take up my offer Tamlin. You have seconds before I slit your throat." Bel threatens. Just as she finishes speaking, Tamlin starts to shift into his beast form. I pull Bel out of the way just before Tamlin crushes her. He leaps over the crowd and run off into the woods. Bel hugs me. The Nigth Court army cheers.

Tamlin was gone. My mate was safe at last.