Chapter 19

We return to the Night Court victorious. We celebrated all night, and the next day we addressed the biggest issue. The Spring Court. Seeing as Tamlin didn't have an heir, there was no one to take over the Court now gathered he was gone. Rhys had sent a message out to the Spring Court and asked them what they wanted. They were offered to be given a new High Lord, or they could vote for a government to rule their court. They picked the latter.

The next week, me and Bel moved out of the house of wind and into our own apartment which was closer to the river house. Bel had became very close with Feyre and Mor, so she liked being closer to her new best friends. She also liked how this apartment gave her the freedom to leave whenever she wanted, and not have to rely on someone to fly her out. We had decided to not have a mating ceremony. We were happy having had our quiet exchange of food in the kitchen of the House of Wind.

***
A few months later.

It was the day after the Winter Solstice. Mine and Bel's first one together. It had been magical. I had won the annual snowball fight against Rhys and Cassian and Bel had made the day even more magical. We had started our own tradition of baking a cake together. It was Bel's idea. She said it was to celebrate our bond at this special holiday.

We were now sat on the hill where I had first told her about my feelings for her, and the one where we had shared our first kiss. We were lying side be side in the snow looking up at the star filled sky. Even though we had both agreed not to have a mating ceremony, I still wanted to celebrate our bond in some way. I had came up with the perfect idea. I had a beautiful diamond ring sitting in my pocket and I had decided that today was the day. "Bel?" I ask.
"Yes, Az." She responds. I'm standing up and helping her up.
"I love you." I say.
"I love you too." She responds. I decided that now was the moment. I drop down onto one knee in front of her.
"Lysabel, will you marry me?"