Chapter 16

The frenzy lasted two weeks. No one saw or heard from us, but no doubt they all knew what had happened. I also knew I had one other thing I wanted to try out before we go and see the others. Bel? I say in my mind to see if she'll respond.
Az? She responds. Mates could usual talk through their minds, but I wanted to see if we could. 
Our minds are connected through the mating bond Bel.
I can tell. This is amazing. I never believed for a second that you were in love with me Az, but you are. I'm not even mad that you didn't tell me we were mates sooner. I breathe a sigh of relief. I'm so glad she hadn't been mad at me.
We do need to tell the others now. They know I'm back, I sent my shadows to tell them, but they haven't seen me for two weeks.

We both dress and fly down to the river house. We walk into the house hand in hand. They all knew we were coming. They were all waiting. You ready? I ask her through the bond. She nods in response. I open the door to living room to see all my friends sat in there. Feyre and Rhys were on one sofa, Cassian and Nesta were on another sofa, Mor sat in an arm chair, Amren sat in the other arm chair and Elain and Lucien were sat on one of the other sofas.

"Hello Az. Hello Bel." Rhys greets us as Bel sits on one arm chair and I stand to the side of it. "It's been a month and  half Az. How are you?"
"Better than ever Rhys." I respond, smiling down at my mate.
"I hope you don't mind, but I told them all about the mate situation when we found out you were home and no one saw you and Bel for a week." Rhys says to me.
"Not at all Rhys. That's fine." I say. I was secretly happy that I didn't have to break the news to them.
We spent the next hour catching up, seeing as I hadn't seen them in over a month, as Rhys had stated. They all seemed to be doing well. Elain kept on looking at me as if she wanted to say something to me, but didn't want to say it in front of everyone else. I need to talk to Elain Bel. Is that ok with you? I send down the bond.
That's fine. I'll see you in a minute. She responds.
"I'm going to grab drinks." I say aloud to the group.
"I'll come with you." Elain says and follows me to the kitchen.

I start gathering glasses and say, "I'm sorry about what happened before I left Elain."
"It's ok Azriel. I understand. I'm happy for you. I hope we can be friends." She says.
"Of course. I'm happy for you too." I say as we leave the kitchen carrying drinks.

Me and Bel leave shortly after the drinks. Rhys had pulled my aside before I left and told me he needs to talk to me, so to drop Bel back off at the House of Wind and then go and meet him back at the river house. Once we land at the House of Wind, I walk her inside. I have to go and talk to Rhys. I'll be back later ok. I say to her through the bond.
Ok, I'll see you later Az. She responds, standing on her toes to kiss me. I return the kiss, then walk back up to the roof to go and see what my brother wanted.

I return to the river house and walk to the living room where Rhys sat alone. "What did you need to speak to me about Rhys?" I ask as I take the seat opposite him.
"I first wanted to say congratulations on confessing to your mate and having her accept." Rhys starts.
"Thank you." I say with a smile on my face.
"Now, for what I actually need to talk to you about, I need you to promise not to freak out, and listen to me before making any decisions." Rhys says to me.
"I'll promise not to freak out until I know what the problem is." I say. Rhys telling me not to freak out was never a good thing.
"Good. We had a message from Tamlin last week. He has somehow found out about the mating bond and isn't happy. He also is still extremely angry at you from when you crashed his wedding and made him look like an idiot. He says we have two weeks to give him Bel back, or he attacks. This was sent last week. So we have exactly one week to make the decision on what to do before he attacks the Night Court." Rhys tells me.
"We aren't giving him Bel." I say as soon as the last word leaves his mouth. "I'm never letting him touch her again."
"I understand that Az. But we need to find a way to stop him from attacking Velaris. It's your call as she is your mate." Rhys says to me.
"Send an army to him before he has the chance to get here." I say.
"Are you sure, Az?" Rhys asks me.
"Yes, send the army. And we don't let him win."