Chapter 6

My mate. My mate. Lysabel was my mate. I was meant to rescue my mate. I just stood in shock while she continued to read her book unaware that I was here. Even though it was the middle of the morning, she was still sat in her room. Females could ignore the mating bond easier than males could. She wouldn't notice her heart was tied to mine. I need to focus on the mission Rhys had given me. I would worry about the mating bond later. First I had to introduce myself. I put a wall of shadows against the door so the guards wouldn't hear us in here and also had the shadows block the doorway so I could talk to her without someone walking in.

"Hello Lysabel." I said as my shadows revealed me to her. I crossed the room to her and whispered, "it would be best for the both of us if you didn't scream." She looked at me with wide eyes and threw her book at me. It hit me on the head and briefly dazed me as it was a heavy book. She ran towards the door and I said, "there's no point, the guards can't hear a thing and I also have shadows blocking the door."
"Who are you? How do you know my name? How did you get here? Why are you here?" She asked me.
"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Azriel. I know your name since I am a shadow singer and my shadows know everything. I flew here and I'm here under orders from my High Lord to rescue you and I know you don't want to marry Tamlin so don't try telling me otherwise." I told her, I left out the fact that she was my mate and I had just found that fact out. I also felt her fear and panic decrease. I could tell she was willing to take any chance to escape this house and her groom.
"Well, I don't need your help Azriel. I'm perfectly capable of escaping myself. And I don't want to become another pawn in some other High Lord's twisted game." She snapped at me.
"I know you can't escape otherwise you would have already. My High Lord wants to help you. His mate was in a similar position to you now, and he had some games to settle with Tamlin. I'm here to help you. Once I help you escape you'll be free. You will be given a place to live at the Night Court, which I know is where you are from, and will be able to live the rest of your life in peace away from Tamlin. Please let me help you." I told her. I didn't need anyone knowing that she was my mate. I just want to get her out of here.

She was silent for a minute. She was contemplating whether she should trust me or not. Then the air shifted and I could tell she believed my story and slightly trusted me. Maybe she shouldn't be so trusting, but spending months locked up with Tamlin must make you willing to trust anyone who would give you a path out of this place. "I can't leave the house. I can only leave with his permission. I...I don't think it is possible for me to escape." She said in a low voice.
"Well, I have an idea to get you out. But, I may have an idea to get you out." I told her. I didn't want to have to make her wait to be rescued, but I didn't have any better ideas.
"I'll do anything to get out of here. Please, tell me how I can get out of here. What is your idea?" She asked me.
"Well, you're getting married in the garden in six days right?" I said.
"Yes, he is having the wedding outside, so I'll be let out then." She responded. I noticed how she said that he is having the wedding not we.
"Well, we'll have to wait until then, and then I'll get you out of the Spring Court on your wedding day. It will be hard, and the guards will try and stop us, and I need you to know that people could die. We will have to get off the grounds, and then I can winnow us back to the Night Court." I explained to her.
"I'll wait, as long as I can escape before I have to marry him." Lysabel replied. "Where are you going to stay for the next six days."
"I was planning on lurking in the shadows to try and gain information to help get you out, but I can stay with you if you want."
"Yes, yes please. Tamlin never comes in here. No one does, apart from the maid, but that is only to drop meals off."
"Ok, I'll stay here, but I will have my shadows keeping an eye on things happening around the mansion."

So, I found myself staying in my mate's suite. The next six days would test my self control and test whether I would be able to keep the vow I made to myself.