Chapter Five: The Tesseract Has Been Located

I also changed the cover… It’s Hailee Steinfeld in it and the Tesseract… Do you like it?

I wanna hear your opinions :))

Ooh, just saying this… Just watched G.I. Joe: Retaliation earlier… After that, we went to the department store and I couldn’t believe what I saw: an IRON MAN jacket!!! I was freaking out when I saw it. I wanna buy it so badly but, I’m gonna buy it on Thursday… I just hope they still have it that day… :D

And it’s kinda silly, though.. It’s summer time here and Imma buy a jacket XD

Now, on with the Science Fair!

=========================

(Chapter Five: The Tesseract Has Been Located)

I set up my project on the display table in the gym. I roll up my sleeves to prepare myself to work. I place the base on the table and take out my glue gun from the box. I plug it in on a socket and load it with glue stick. As I wait for it to warm up, I take out the Front Entrance and place it on its mark. I glue it and take out the Carousel and place it a few inches behind the Front Entrance.

As I glue the Space Shuttle, I see my Science teacher, Mr. Sanders, entering the gym. Behind him are Nina and Kelly. The two girls run towards me. I roll up my sleeves higher. I return back to work and wipe of a sweat from my forehead.

“Hey, girl,” says Nina. “'Di ka namin nakita sa room kanina, ah. (We haven’t seen you in the classroom earlier.)”

“Yeah,” I say. “Excused ako (I’m excused).” Then, I take out the Wheel of Fate and glue it on the mark a couple of inches behind the Carousel.

I’m just very thankful that Sir Virtucio chose my project to represent my section. All of the money I saved and spent, those late hours I worked in the workshop, all of them are just super worth it! And I hope I can win this last round. I just don’t want to be that troubled, irrelevant, picked on kid anymore.

And I’m just glad that Nina and Kelly didn’t kill me for that.

Through the corner of my eyes, I see Sir Virtucio circle the gym and view the other students’ projects.

“Gaano ka na katagal dito? (How long have you been here?)” asks Kelly.

“Mga 8:30 (Since 8:30,)” I reply, as I glue the Log Jam on its place.

“Alam mo ba kung anong oras na? (You have any idea what time it is?)” asks Nina.

I don’t have a watch. But, I have a feeling. “About 10?” I answer.

“Yep,” says Nina. “Paano mo nalaman? (How did you know?)”

“I have a feeling. Atsaka hindi naman kayo makakalabas ng room kapag 'di pa time, eh. (And you wouldn’t get out of the room if it isn’t recess time),” I answer.

As I finish the rides, I take off my glasses and wipe it clean with my skirt. Then, I take the automatic voltage regulator of the ‘meteorite’, which I now call The Blue, from the small box on top of my project. This has the wires that connect to the rides. It’s actually as big as a mug box and it has no plugs, just a switch.

I raise the cloth and go underneath the table to set up the wirings.

All of the wires are attached to the stand now. I go out underneath the table and take the aluminum box and a pair of tweezers from my bag. With the box in my hand, I go underneath the table again and open the AVR. I open the box and use the tweezers to take the Blue.

The last time I held it with my bare hands, my fingers burnt.

I slowly put it in the AVR and get out underneath. I fill the Rio Grande Rapids, the Log Jam and other rides that need water. I close the water bottle and put it back in my bag. I bend my knees and reach for the AVR’s switch. I turn it on and my project starts to work.