Chapter Twenty-Four: Blinded from the Light

(Chapter Twenty-Four: Blinded from the Light)

They made me go back to my room to wait but I got bored so I decided to go to the kitchen and make myself some iced coffee. I like it better than the usual hot coffee though, since it makes me feel more awake than the hot one. With the mug of iced coffee in my hand, I sat at the table and pondered. But, as one of the easily-bored's, I got up and left the room with the mug in my hand.

Walking through the uncountable corridors, I find myself heading to the bridge. I got lost and the bridge was the nearest place where I am. So, off to the bridge I go. I was nearly out of the doors when I hear my name gets mentioned. Hence, I don't walk in yet and decided to eavesdrop.

"Her performances were great," says a female voice. I soon realize that it was Agent Hatfield's. "She did well in all of the tests."

Tests? Does she mean the tests I had with Dr. Banner?

"Well, she didn't exactly made a great performance with Dr. Banner but she passed all of the others," she continues. Others? So, everything was a test?

"She is a bit good with logical reasoning," says a man's voice, Dr. Banner. "But with the puzzles, she needs more patience and temper."

"Same goes with me," states Mr. Stark. "That kid seriously needs control. She nearly threw the tools at me." Threw the tools at him? What the hell? Okay, I wanted to but I didn't as much point them at him and for the record, I threw them at RAFT.

"She even drew the gun at her temple," says Agent Barton. "Which I thought was an act of suicide but she was just playing along." He scoffs. "Then, she quoted a book. When we were starting to train with the knives, she kinda got shaky because she was scared of blades but she took them anyway."

"What a baby," comments Mr. Stark. Why I ought to...

"She had the same reaction with me when I trained her for self-defense," says Steve.

"I think she's overreacting," says Agent Romanoff. "Especially with what happened with her and Thor." I freaking did not! The freaking x-rays proved it!

"Not that I am at her side with this but I wholeheartedly take the fault of her getting injured," obviously, that was Thor. Not at her side? What the hell are they talking about?

"We all know that bringing her here has its consequences," states Director Fury. "Even she is aware of that. But what she's not aware of is that we have our conditions. And those conditions include that if she passes all of the tests, she can go with you to save her family. Unfortunately, she failed one."

"But that doesn't matter, does it?" asks Steve. "I mean, it was just a psychology test. And she's only going to do this once."

"Still, we need to follow protocol," utters Agent Barton.