Chapter Sixteen: The Spider Teaches Me To Bite

(Chapter Sixteen: The Spider Teaches Me To Bite)

This chapter is dedicated to @marvel_struckk, one of my favorite authors in Wattpad. I had no idea she would read this! :D Thank you for reading :D

And also, her suit that I edited is on the side, except for the Black Widow belt and the gauntlets. It didn’t actually turned into Purple Plum as I wanted it to be. But I think this is better. Is it fine? 

Anyway, comments later, read first! :D

========================

I stand in front of the mirror inside the bathroom while zipping up my purple S.H.I.E.L.D. suit. I stop as I reach the middle of my collarbone. Studying my reflection, I notice that there are S.H.I.E.L.D. patches on either side of my upper arms. I can also see my slim reflection in mirror.

Just five months ago, I wasn’t this slim; I was very fat, twice my weight that I have now. That’s why most of my clothes are twice my size. If I get into a situation I have now, I don’t think I’ll fit in this suit. I guess my fat body would just tear up this suit and I’ll be fighting Sin with my flabs jiggling around. Thanks to my mom, she put me on a diet and that I can fit in this suit.

This suit is comfortable, though. It makes me breathe freely, it isn’t tight like I expected it to be, and it’s kind of like a second skin. And I’m a lot happier because it’s purple! Well, not that kind of purple as in when you first look at me, the first thing you’ll think is that I’m a girly-girl–gross. It is dark purple in color–Plum Purple, or darker.

All of my hair is curled up on the back of my head, which I tied up into a bun. Then, I get out of the bathroom. I take the boots S.H.I.E.L.D. gave me along with the suit. They’re also colored purple but darker. I set them on the table beside my bag. I sit down on the chair by the table and open my bag to take a pair of socks. I wear them then, the boots.

As I buckle the last lock on my boot, the door slides open and a female brunette agent appears. She’s on a long sleeve dark blue all zipped up to her neck and on a skirt, unlike usual agents in suits. Her hair is tied up into a half-up and she is holding a board.

I sit up straight.

“Ms. Lorenzo,” she says, her voice is a little calming.

I stand up. “Yes?”

She lightly smiles. “My name is Agent Hatfield and I will be escorting you to your training stations.”

I nod once while smiling. Then, I walk towards her. I stop as I’m three feet away.

“So, your first lesson and test is…” she looks at her board, which I realize now as a tablet. “…martial arts.”

We start walking through the corridor. As we walk, her heels start clicking. And these wedge boots are one of the best footwear I’ve ever worn while walking.

“So, Agent Hatfield, who’s gonna be my instructor?” I ask. “…for martial arts?”

She looks at her tablet again. This time, she’s tapping on it. “Let’s see… Mm hmm… Ooh! It’s,” she looks at me, “Agent Romanoff.”

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Natasha, who is now in her dark gray spy suit, stands by the computer, five feet away from the entrance. She types in some stuff. While standing beside her, I check out the white-walled square room. It’s not actually that huge, though. Just as big as my classroom, which I may not see ever again. The white walls have grids on them and there’s a window at the wall twenty-five feet away from us. On the top four corners are surveillance cameras.