Chapter Fifteen: Meet the Team

I hope this updates continue on as planned (every Friday to Saturday of the week)…

This chapter is dedicated to @ TheGuywithaBook for making me a simple, yet meaningful (for me) banner for THE VALIANT! (pic’s on the side)

==========================

(Chapter Fifteen: Meet the Team)

I hear a light knock on the door at my left and I take one last wipe of the towel to my face.

“Hurry up, Ronica,” Natasha says softly, on the other side of the door. “It’s nearly briefing time.”

I set the towel down on the toilet’s top, beside the sink. Then I turn my head to the door beside me.

“Okay. I’m almost done,” I answer softly.

I wear my glasses and take one last look of myself in the mirror above the sink, in front of me. I hope that I look presentable with my pony tail, loose plain black T-shirt, dark blue jeans and brown Converse. Since I’m not that very show-off-y with my arms, and I’m not comfortable if I’m wearing casual without anything over my top, I take my gray hoodie from the hook on the door beside me. I wear it and roll the sleeves to my elbows. I look the same as I was a couple of minutes ago.

I open the door and step out the bathroom. I see Natasha standing three feet away from me with her arms crossed. She smiles softly. I smile back as I close the door behind my back.

She drops her arms.

“You ready?” she asks, with a side smile, not a smirk.

I put my hands on my jacket’s pockets and nod. “Yes.”

We start to walk out of the room and the door slides close. As we walk along the hallway, Natasha touches her right ear.

“Yes. We’re on our way,” she says

Earpieces.

I clear my throat and feel guilty. “Did you get in trouble because of me?”

“What do you mean?” she glances quickly at me.

I shrug lightly. “Because we’re late?”

“Oh, no, no,” She shakes her head while scrunching her eyebrows. “Of course not.” Then, she smiles at me.

I feel a small amount relief run through me. “Oh, good. I just honestly hate getting someone in trouble.”

“Don’t worry, you didn’t.”

As we enter the bridge, there are already three men seated at the table. One is Steve, who’s seated by the entrance to the bridge from outside and the other man is turned around from us. All I can see is the back of his head and his hair is dark brown with some white hair sticking out. And the other one is a man with long blonde hair and his clothing looks like an armor. I am 100% sure he’s Thor!

A light smile appears on my face in the realization that I already have seen personally 3 of the Avengers.

Natasha touches my right shoulder while gesturing her other hand to the table and says, “Go and take a seat somewhere there.” I nod. “I just need to do a couple of things.”

I head to the table as she walks back to where we entered. As I walk to the chair at Steve’s left side, I feel that the three men seated at the table have their eyes on me but I don’t take my eyes off that chair. After what seemed like forever, I finally reached that chair. I pull it a few inches from the table while I smile at Steve, him smiling back, and I sit down. I put my entwined hands on the table in front of me and turn to Steve.