Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sin

I would like to dedicate this chapter to @popstardiva52799 y^o^y

=============================

(Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sin)

My knuckles crack as I clench them on my hips just as I stare daggers at that daft woman.

"Hello, Captain America," Sin adds as she looks behind me. "I'm so excited that the two of you are here!" She stands up as she holds out her right hand.

Something thuds behind me and loud metal bangings as well. At once, I knew it is Steve but I still turn around, finding him being pinned on the wall and his shield on the floor in front of him. His squirming is minimal due to Sin's telekinetic ability, I think. "If it wasn't for his charming face, I would've killed him already."

I quickly take my gun and point it at her and demand, "Let him go!" with my jaw clenched. "It's me that you want."

She clicks her tongue and the gun flies off my hand, hitting my nose before falling to the floor. Of course, my nose starts hurting like hell. Then, blood starts to drip out of my nostril. I glare at her once again and attack her with my fists up as I scream. She's just sitting on her chair complete with a smile and her eyes closed. I jump above her table with my fist ready to smack her face but she waves her hand at me, making me fly backwards. Then, I land on my back and wince in pain. My butt, back and shoulders hurt but, strangely, they get better in an instant.

How is that possible? Not that I'm overreacting but the impact was very hard, I could've had my bones broken. But I just feel uninjured and fine all of a sudden. I don't understand this. Or is Sin really just that insane and mental to hurt someone and heal them just after she tortures them?

Out of anticipation, I get lifted up to the air diagonally then vertically and Sin pulls her hand, making me hover towards her. She stops as I grunt due to my stomach hitting the edge of the table. "You know why I despise your friend over there?" She nods her head at Steve's direction. "He killed my father." Her face gets sullen now, much like the one she wore at my school. "Although, I don't know why I should hate him for that. I never really loved my father, much less, like him. He never even loved me."

"How can you say that?"

She doesn't speak for a moment and everything turns silent. She just stares at me, not with anger and hatred but I think it's regret and penance. "None of your business. Now," she says as she stands up, breaking the silence. She's wearing something different now; a red torso armor with a skull on the stomach area; red shoulder and elbow pads and red boots that reaches her knees, covering most of her black pants. Her heels clack as she walks towards me. "I'll have the rubble, please."

I know it's rather silly and stupid to play a song in your head when you're fighting with someone in a serious matter but I have to do that in order for Sin to be unable to read my mind as I expect the expected to happen. So, here goes nothing.

In this farewell

I reach in on one of the pouches on my utility belt and take out the aluminum box that contains the Blue.

There's no blood, there's no alibi

"Ronica," Steve, still pinned to the wall calls out. "What are you doing?"

I give him a convincing look as the song carries on in my head.

'Cause I've drawn regret of the truth from a thousand lies/So, let mercy come and wash away/What I've done