Epilogue

HEY! HEY! HEY!

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE IN THE END! Y(^_^)Y

=============================

(Epilogue)

Steve Rogers enters the cell room, where Loki's old cell was supposed to be. It now has a new glass cell, similar to Loki's and the inside of it looks more like an ICU. He walks towards the computers, where her vitals can be seen and monitored. Her heart is beating, blood is circulating, oxygen is flowing, body temperature is normal and she is breathing, based on the computer. Even though it's good news, he is still not convinced. He wants her alive. He wants to see her eyes open. He wants to see her moving around, running around the place. He wants to hear her talk, laugh, and cry. He wants to see her to be fully alive. He needs her.

He walks closer to her cell and leans on the yellow railing as he smiles at the sleeping girl inside, lying on the bed in the center. An oxygen tube is attached to her nose. A pulse scanner is attached to her index finger, which is connected to the machine outside of the cell. An IV is stuck under the back of her left hand, connected to a dextrose, which is also outside the cell. A white blanket is all over her waist to her feet. Her hair is a lot longer now, as Steve has observed. She's thinner and paler. Yet, she's gotten taller and prettier.

He smiles as he remembers the first time he met her. How he saved her life from being shot at by Sin. How he saved her life again by pulling her from the ledge from falling. Then she hugged him and cried for the first time they met because she was so afraid, even though they're strangers back then. But despite her young age, she was a very great and courageous fighter, all throughout from the Philippines to Germany.

Images from the Future-HYDRA base appears in his head again.

"Steve, watch out!" she yelled and she quickly pushed him out of the way and shot the gun at Sin. The bullet hit her forehead, bringing her to her death. But it's no happy ending when he watched the shard of glass pierce through her stomach out of her back.

Shaking the thought off his head, he tightly grasps the railings and silently prays for her soul.

All of a sudden, the rapid beeping of the computer cuts off his prayer. He gets alerted and sprints quickly to the machine. As he can see, Ronica's heartbeat is increasing fast as each second passes by. Then, the breathing is also getting to an abnormal speed. He looks back at Ronica and she is shaking rapidly. Body temperature getting lower then higher by the second. Blood circulation growing rapidly.

Worried and nervous, he makes a run out of the room to the laboratory where Dr. Bruce Banner is. As he reaches the front door, he scans his thumb and eye through the scanner and the door opens. Inside, Bruce is facing the computers. Steve walks in and sees him. Bruce removes his glasses and turns to Steve.

Before Bruce gets the chance to talk, Steve beat him to it. "Dr. Banner, it's her." Steve says, quivering.

"Why? What's wrong?" Bruce asks as he gets up from his seat and walks out of the room with Steve.

As they walk rapidly through the hall, Steve states, "Her vitals are increasing rapidly. I d-don't know what I cou—Please, just save her."

They bump into Director Fury along the way.

"Something wrong, Doctor? Captain?" the one-eyed bald Director asks.

"It's her," says Steve, full of nervousness and fear. Scared that she might be dead when they arrive in the room.

The three of them hurried to the cell room. They arrive and loud beeping noises from the computer are still being emitted. Bruce and Fury walk to it while Steve runs towards the cell and slams his arm with his fist clenched to the cell as he watch her shaking quickly.

Steve gets scared and worried for her, at the same time, furious. Furious that she took the glass to save his life and let it pierce through her stomach out of her back, letting this happen to herself.

He could feel the tears clawing his throat but he isn't the you're of a person who cries to vent. "Please," he murmurs as he looks at her. "Ronica, don't..." he couldn't say the word.

"Her vitals are extremely and lethally increasing!" Bruce exclaims as he tries to stabilize Ronica's vitals but there is no use.

BEEEEEEEEEEP…

The sound of death emits from the machine. Her heartbeat, her breathing, blood circulation, oxygen and temperature are all in zeroes and straight lines. Steve falls to his knees as he sees her stop moving and as he hears the sound.

"No," Steve murmurs to himself, shedding a tear. His world crumbles down before him just seeing the only person in the twenty-first century he would describe as his best friend who he loved as his own daughter, who he weighs as his savior. Now, the person he wants to repay from saving his life for taking the shard of glass that would've killed him instead is now gone in everyone's lives. Permanently.

Bruce has turned off the computer that monitors Ronica's health and opens the door to the glass cell so he could enter the room. With a bag of antiseptic and cotton balls, he enters. He has taken no particular emotion but regret. Regret that he has let this happen to such a young girl who had barely spent the rest of her days she would've had. Sure she had spent them learning and earning courage and valiance. But sadly, she had spent the last of those full of lies, mistrust and affliction.

As he gets close, the first thing he does is remove the two wires on her forehead that once served as the brain waves scanner. Then, he removes the pulse scanner from her index finger. He wets a cotton ball from the bag with the antiseptic and begins rubbing it on the back of her hand around the IV. Then, he gently places a cotton above it and pulls the IV out. The last thing he removes is the oxygen mask that covered her mouth and nose.

Before leaving, he leans his lips on her forehead and give her a soft kiss, even though the time they've just actually spent together alone was when she was having her psychology test. Knowing she's a Catholic, he reaches into his pocket and places a rosary he has bought just for her in the middle of her hands that rest on her stomach. "Goodbye, Little Roe." Then, he leaves.

But, no. He just doesn't know. None of them knows. It's beknownst to their knowledge.

Her heart starts beating again and her blood starts flowing through her arteries and veins. Air begins to enter her nostrils, filling in her lungs. She clasps the strand of beads in her hands as well. All of her senses begin to stimulate. Except for her sight. She doesn't know if she'll open her eyes. She doesn't know if she's ready. But, no. She has to.

Slowly, she lifts her eyelids, getting a sight of the white ceiling.

And her eyes are glowing green.

=============================

A/N:   ^ω^  d^o^b  y^o^y

So. I formally announce that The Valiant has finally reached its invigorating ending.

Anywho, since the story ended that way, there's obviously gonna be a SEQUEL!  I hope you'll give it much support as much as you've given this first book.

And THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU so much for reading up to this point! I forking love you all so much, I couldn't explain them in words!

The sequel will be up soon and will be entitled The Undaunted.

~Ronica  ╮(^3^)╭