Chapter Seven: When A Hero Comes Along

Who’s strong and brave here to save the American way?

=========================

(Chapter Seven: When A Hero Comes Along)

It’s Captain America. The Captain America!

I wish I could be fangirl-ing right now. But in situations like this, I couldn’t. I’m just very thankful that he saved my life from being shot at.

Oh, my, gosh! One of my heroes saved my life!

I return back to what I was doing; getting the hell out of this edge and go after Sin. As I reach the corner on where she was before, I see her on the corridor, lying. She is still breathing. Then, she slowly gets up. I can see that her head is bleeding and I can sense that she is really pissed off.

As she gets on her knee, she looks behind me, at Captain America. “You!” Her voice sounds like she wants to kill him.

She gets on her feet and she points the gun towards him and pulls the trigger. I throw myself at her and grab her waist, making us fall to the floor. All of a sudden, I feel that my whole body’s being lifted to the air by nothing. Then, I’m thrown away from Sin. I let out a loud scream. Then, I take a tight grip on the metal bars with my right hand on the edge of the building. The stick falls from my left hand and I nearly fell from my death.

I’m surprised that I’m still alive. I look down at the ground and try to catch my breath. All of a sudden, Captain America appears behind the metal bars and holds his hand out to me.

“Take my hand!” he says. I reach out my left hand and he holds it tightly. He pulls me up and I step on the edge of the building, making my way up.

As I get back up, I hug him tightly and tears fall from my eye. I can feel his right arm wrapping around me. “You’re safe now, okay?” he says. And it really comforts me.

I open my eyes and I see Sin on her feet, pointing a gun at us. “Captain America, watch out!” I yell. He leans his head on mine and hugs me tightly. Then, he shields the both of us. I hear a loud banging sound from the shield as the bullet hits.

“If it isn’t the famous Captain America,” I can sense the sarcasm on Sin’s voice.

“Run, kid,” he says to me.

Run? Sin is in front of us, blocking my way out. Where the hell will I run?

Well, stupidity runs throughout my body. I run towards Sin so I can get to the stairs. Then, Sin catches me and her arm grips my neck. Then, she draws the gun on my head. More tears start to fall from my eyes. I struggle to get out of her grip but she’s too strong.

“Move again and I’ll pull the trigger!” She yells at my ear.

Goddamn, woman! You don’t need to shout, especially not in my ear.

“Wait!” says Captain America. “What do you need with her?”

“I need something from her!” answers Sin. “What would I even do to an incompetent, worthless, stupid person like her?”

I’m getting really offended.

I exhale deeply and think of what I could do. I just hope I won’t die from it. Here goes nothing.

With all my strength, I push away her hand with the gun towards the floor. Then, I hit her stomach with my elbow. She releases as she shouts in pain. “You little bitch!”