Chapter Thirteen: I'm Coming With You

Hey, guys!

So sorry this chapter took a while to get posted. And also, I won’t be able to update all of my stories this week because I’ll be out of town for four days….

==========================

“You know what?” I exclaim as I smack my fist on the desk and stand up. The computer monitor shakes slightly. I’ve grown tired of just sitting and waiting for any news of my family, which is still 0% in progress. “Somebody needs to go out there now!”

Maria, who is sitting beside me in front of the monitor, flinches and holds my hand. “I know, Ronica. But even if Sin makes another move now, who knows what it would cost.”

I take a tight grip of the aluminum box that has the Blue in it on my other hand. I seat back down and something flashes in the screen. It’s green in color. It reads Incoming call from S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier… Maria taps on it and it reveals a video feed of a bald guy with dark skin and an eye patch.

“Director Fury,” says Maria.

“Agent Hill,” answers the guy on the screen who Maria just called ‘Director Fury’.

He looks at me then back on Maria. “Is that her?” he asks, as if he is disgusted.

“Yes, sir, we were just discussing something about Sin,” she answers.

“She’s still not letting you lay a finger on the Tesseract rubble?” Director Fury asks.

“No, sir,”

I clear my throat. “I’m right here.”

“Any news of Stark?” asks Director Fury.

“Negative,” answers Maria.

Even I’ve been wondering where Tony Stark is. The last time I saw him was back at my school after fighting off Sin with him and Steve.

“Anyway, is Rogers still there?” asks Director Fury.

“Yes, sir, but he spends most of his time at the rooftop,” answers Maria.

“Tell him that he needs to go back here,” says Director Fury.

“Why do I need to go back, sir?” a voice behind us makes me flinch. I look over my shoulder and it’s Steve.

“120 hours have passed and Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton just arrived from Germany.”

“Germany?” I cut him. “Did they find my family?”

“Yes, they did,” says Director Fury. “And Rogers, we need you in the helicarrier in the next 24 hours. We have some things to discuss with the whole Avengers Initiative.”

My whole attention turns to Director Fury when he said the words: ‘Avengers Initiative’. “Excuse me, sir, but if you’re discussion is gonna be about my family and the Blue, I would come there with Mr. Rogers.” Even though Steve and I are on first name basis, I still would prefer to be polite in front of other people. Even I would call Maria ‘Agent Hill’ in front of other people.

“No, Ms. Lorenzo. We think it’d be best if you stayed home. And what’s this ‘Blue’ you’re talking about?” Director Fury asks.

 “She means the Tesseract, sir,” says Maria.

“The Tesseract,” I repeat. “And I won’t give it to you until you found my family and get them back here safe and sound.” I say, calmly. “And I also won’t give it to you if I don’t get to come there and witness the discussion personally.” I add.