Chapter Ten: Comfort Of A Stranger

I dedicate this chapter to my awesome Wattpad sister @koalagirlolive. She’s so nice and great! She’s also very rare. And by rare, I mean, she’s in love with Uncle Brucie and those people are very rare. And I think you should read her stories, too, especially her 'Meeting the Monster' book!

Woohoo! Tenth chapter! And I realized I have over 1,000 reads! Holy s**t! XD

Thank you guys so much! :D Let’s raise our glasses! XD

=========================

(Chapter Ten: Comfort Of A Stranger)

S.H.I.E.L.D agents drove me to my house and I never let go of my bag. It’s quiet as I arrived and grandpa closed the shop for today because him and grandma need to go to our province. Our workers took the week off. So, I’m the only one in my house with S.H.I.E.L.D. agents securing it. Being home alone doesn’t really bother or scare me. And I like being alone. But knowing the condition of my brothers, it’s different.

As soon as I arrived, I head straight to our area and closed the door shut. I throw my bag on the floor. Then, I seat on the couch and try to catch my breath. I feel my body shaking in fear and panic. I put my feet up and hug them. Tears begin to fall from my eyes as the thought of my brothers kicks in.

I take my phone from my bag and dial my mom’s phone number. She answered after two rings.

“Hey, mom,” I begin, my voice almost unnoticeably hoarse. Then, I sniff.

The speaker goes crackly.

“Mom? Are you there?” I ask, keeping my voice calm.

I hear an evil cackle through the phone. My expression grows dark as I notice the voice.

“Sin,” I mumble. I stand up alertly and take out the transponder from my pocket S.H.I.E.L.D. has given me just in case something’s wrong, it kind of looks like a small remote. I click the red button in the middle and a small red light flashes in the small light bulb.

“You know, your mother looks a lot like you,” Sin says through the phone.

“Please, don’t,” I say, keeping my voice strong. More tears fall from my eyes.

She clicks her tongue. “Oh, no, Ronica. I won’t,” she says, softly. “Just give me the piece of the Tesseract and I’ll give you back your family.”

“No!” I say, stubbornly. I don’t why I said it that way. So, this means trouble.

“Wrong answer!” she shouts and it kind of broke my eardrum. Then, my phone beep, a sign that the caller hung his/her phone.

The door slides open and it made me jump, my heart stop for a second. I guess I’m just so depressed and worried that I got all shockable and vulnerable. It was a female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Her hair was tied in a small bun and she has side bangs. Three agents with handguns are behind her.

“Everything okay?” she asks me.

I just remain standing in the middle of the room, shaking in fear and getting more vulnerable. Tears are still falling but they got light.

“She-“ there is a huge lump on my throat. I couldn’t say the words. I was getting weak every second. Tears begin to fall heavily from my eyes. I just run up to her and hug her. I feel her arms wrapping around me. I’m hugging a stranger but I don’t even feel awkward. I think it’s because she’s a stranger yet she’s one of the people to protect me.

“Shh,” she says as she brushes my hair.

“She got my mom,” I say hoarsely.

“Everything’s gonna be fine, okay?” she says softly and sweetly. “We’re gonna get your family back A.S.A.P.”