➻4; The Encounter

[Unedited]

A/N I wrote this on 14 pages (words), it's 67 pages if you're reading it on your phone. So you better thank me for this. Okay enjoy reading

Deepika

"K-K..Katrina?" Ranbir stammered looking like he'd seen a ghost.

What the hell? What is she doing here?

"Surprised to see me?" She said raising her eyebrows.

"Yes, I am. What are you doing here?" He said sounding a bit angry.

I stood there behind Ranbir because I walked a bit ahead of him when we walked out of the restaurant. With my arms folded on my chest I watched the scene that happened in front of me. Katrina Kaif was seen with Ranbir two months ago. I remember hearing about it when one of my make-up artists talked about it before I did a photo shoot. I did listen when he and the guy who did my hair talked about it.

They said Ranbir and Katrina were dating. But they were so wrong. They were not. They signed a film together and were spotted going at the house of the director. I think it was for a get-together of the cast or something. In the restaurant he told me about the script of the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani in which Katrina will be the lead actress. They will start shooting that film after Ranbir is done with the one we're doing currently.

But wait a minute. If she was just doing a film with him why is he acting like this? Why is he surprised to see her here?

"I am on a vacation with Salman.' She said.

So she is still with Salman. Because from what I've been reading in the tabloids they said they had a fight. People say she's nice but right now I totally think they don't even know her one bit. What's with the rude attitude? Does she not see me standing here?

Okay let's see what she has to say.

"He's still inside talking to someone. I needed a little bit fresh air, so I came outside." She finished when her eyes then landed on me.

"Aaahh...I see you got a new girl to hook up with. And no one but the famous Deepika Padukone. I didn't know you had a thing for her." She said making eye contact with me. I looked at Ranbir who at the same time gave me a look that says 'don't mind her words'. Digging her hand through her bag, she pulled out a pack of cigarette. She took one out of the pack, lit it up and blew some smoking circles in the air causing me to cough. Ranbir gave Katrina a cold look.

Okay stay calm Deepika but did she say hook up? What does she mean by that?

"Can you turn it off please and just to clear up what you just said. No, Deepika's not someone I hook up with. We're engaged." Ranbir said suddenly putting his arm around my waist pulling my body to his so we were now standing beside each other.

I was stunned, shocked, completely out of words at the moment. I wanted to say something but it's like the words were just stuck in my mouth. Where is he going with this? The last time I checked we were just on a freaking date. And now I'm engaged to none other but Ranbir Kapoor. Katrina threw the cigarette and put it out by pressing it with the front of her shoe and suddenly bursted out laughing. Tapping her hand on her stomach when she was laughing harder.

"Yeah-like-I-w..would-believe-that." She scoffed and started laughing harder.

Ranbir put on serious face that she'd actually started believing what he just said. Katrina stopped laughing, if I'm not wrong I truly think I saw a bit sadness in her eyes.

But why? A voice in the back of my mind said.

"No it can't be." She shook her head in disbelief and started laughing again.