➻17; Jerk's confession

Early update everyone, because I'm so thankful for the beautiful comments you guys left on the previous chapter. This one is for you guys.

My insparation song: Tum Mile♡

[Unedited]

Deepika

Two days went by. This is the last day that I'm working with Sid. I actually got to know a few things about him like for instance, his father is a rich businessman, the chairman of UB group (an Indian conglomerate that is primarily in the aloholic beveragesbusiness), his father is also the owner of the IPL cricket team Royal Challengers Banglore.

That's why he looked so familiar. I must have seen him on TV with his father, in the newspapers or maybe even saw him once since I was from Banglore. Besides I've also been to a few matches.

He is Indian-American but lived in London, he has a sister, they were both spoiled by their parents, he also had a girlfriend who he recently broke up with and more.

Suprisingly he even told me to turn on my phone because I was acting childish by turning it off. I know that was immature but knowing that Ranbir would call back left me no choice. I think we both needed to cool off. Sid even said that everyone fights in a relationship and that's perfectly normal, it actually means that you both care.

So he talked to me and said that I should call Ranbir.

Of course he doesn't know that the whole reason we're fighting is him. He kept talking about his ex-girlfriend sometimes, how they met and the wonderful memories he had of her. I could tell he truly loved her. But once he came towards the end he stopped the conversation.

It must've been horrible if he still wasn't comfortable talking about it.

He could be an jerk sometimes but maybe he wasn't that bad either. He even said sorry for whatever he did at the club that night. I didn't believe him at first but the way he said it made me feel like he truly meant it. I didn't question him about his stupid behaviour that night though.

Well we've kinda started talking on the second day when he caught me daydreaming about Ranbir, staring at my switched off phone.

Flashback

"Hey weirdo are you gonna stare at your phone the whole day?" He joked and sat down next to me.

I had no energy to answer him and believe me I wasn't in the mood to talk at all and he should know that by now. I must've looked dreadful with my head hanging low and my hair falling and standing in every direction this morning as we waited for Anna to arrive.

"No." I roughly answered just to get him out of here.

"Is it your boyfriend?" He kindly asked.

"No." I muttered clenching my teeth. He better get out of here before I snap.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He kindly asked again!

"No!" I harshly answered now.

I knew he was trying to help or secretly laughing noticing the state I'm in.

"If you're gonna keep saying no I am gonna go cause I can't stand people using one word sentences preferably using the same word each time. Just so you know I was only trying to be a friend." He said downcasted and stood up.

Okay so maybe he did try to help and that suddenly made me regret that I was being so rude to him. Maybe I could use a friend right now.

"Wait..." I called out to him and raised my head a bit.