➻19; Not enough

Love those people who have been bugging me to update. I love you all so much. Your bugging every time makes me write the chapter faster.

[Unedited]

Ranbir

I stood frozen in front of Deepika.

I didn't know how much she heard.

I don't know what I should say.

All I wanted right now was to disappear! I pressed the button to end the call.

"I-I." I began struggling with words. I felt like a toddler trying to learn his first words. Even a toddler would've spilled more letters than I did.

"Oh no...did something happen to your uncle again?" She gasped when I didn't respond. "It was your mother wasn't it? What happened?" Deepika sounded worried.

Oh baby if only you knew!

This is the chance to safe yourself Ranbir.
This is it!!

"I uh...yes." She let out a heavy sigh in relief.

Nice safe Ranbir. The truth will bite you in the ass one day.

"Everything is alright. You don't have to worry baby." I said walking to her.

"Oh thank goodness. How is he by the way? I didn't even ask you." As I looked in her eyes I could sense that she felt guilty. "I am such a horrible girlfriend." She said slumping her shoulders down.

I just wanted to kick myself right now. I am the one who is a horrible boyfriend. She draped her arms around my waist pressing her head on my chest.

"No you're not babe. Don't say that. I was also the one who forgot to tell you the good news. He is alright now. Better actually." I said then kissed the top of her head.

"I'm glad he is." She said smiling at me.

"Well I better get going." I didn't wanna stay here any longer. I felt bad hiding something like this from her but it's better for her not knowing anything. It doesn't concern her anyway.

"You-you are going?" I heard her say sad. Didn't she want me gone? I mean it's late, she must be tired right?

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked.

"Yes." She breathed out clutching on my arms.

"Okay. I'll sleep on the couch. You can sleep on the bed." I said offering her a smile.

"Are you sure? I can sleep on the couch."

"No, are you crazy? I'm not gonna let my girlfriend sleep on the couch." She blushed when I said that. "I'll use the pillows of the couch."

"Okay." She finally gave in before giving me a peck and walking to her room.

Later that night I felt a shadow near me. I opened my eyes immediately causing Deepika to startle.

"Shh...go back to sleep. I forgot to give you a blanket. It might get cold later in the morning." She said putting the blanket over me.

She's so amazing and kind.