➻12; Enamoured

A/N I don't know where this story is heading. I don't plan what I should write but I do know what I want to have in my story for Ranbir & Deepika. All I'm saying is, when I'm writing a chapter I type what's going through my mind at that moment. Enjoy this chapter :)

[Unedited]

Previously on chapter 11

"I know I am not. Yet. But I will know when it's the right time. Give me some time. You'll see. You will too." I explained rubbing my forehead as her sobbing died out.

"I don't know Ranbir." Her voice was soft and a bit strained.

"What do you mean, you don't know? Just! Just try babe. Please." I sighed as I felt all the blood flowing to my brain.

"You don't get it do you? I don't have to try because I already am in love with you." She said frustrated and I could hear her cry again before hanging up the phone leaving me in the same state I was, before she called.

Not functioning.

-------------------------

Chapter 12

Deepika

I spilled out the words and I couldn't take them back even if I wanted to. If I knew how he was gonna react I might have never said the words I didn't thought I'd say so fast in my life. It was like something triggered me to say it. Were it the words or just the way he said it, I don't know.

After I hung up I continued crying. I didn't care if he was shocked by my confession. I threw my phone on the wall out of anger and plopped on my bed. Shoving my head under de pillows I started screaming until I ran out of tears.

I realized I've been in love with him all along. And yesterday really comfirmed that I was already in love with Ranbir. I know I fell hard, fast and head over heels in love with him. It would be hard to say I didn't. I thought he did too because of the attention, affection, tender kisses and touches but sadly I'm mistaken.

God, I'm so stupid. I feel so stupid! He must be freaking out right now. Why, why did I open my stupid mouth?! I had to wait, wait for him to make the first move. But no!

I was groaning and screaming in my pillows for god knows how long when I heard a knock on the door. I'm sure it's almost 3 am by now.

Who could be knocking on the door this late?

I let out all the screaming then wiped away the spilled tears on my cheeks with the back of my hand. Before going out of my room I went to my bathroom to wash my face. Walking to the door the knocking still didn't stop.

"I'm coming! I'm coming dammit." I yelled.

You would've never guessed who stood by the door!

"Ranbir." I said shocked.

"He-Hey..." He said putting his hand on the doorway. Leaning against it he panted hard as if he came back from a long run.

"What are you doing here?" I said.

"I-I-water..." He asked still panting. I ran to the kitchen to fill up a glass of water. Handing him the glass, he immediately gulped it down his throat.

With my arms crossed on my chest I waited for him to explain why he's at my door, so late. He drank all the water while trying to catch his breath and I got impatient.