『①❶』

((This time I just added a song in the multimedia section because I wanted to and it's one of my favorite from Frank's album; She's the Prettiest Girl at the Party and She Can Prove it with a Solid Right Hook//frnkiero andthe cellabration))

The Way brothers rushed into the hospital, while I lagged behind them. I guess I have to make a correction; I'll run for 3 things: the last copy of an album, Nightmare Before Christmas collections, and Gerard Way.

"Excuse me, can you please tell me which room Donald Way is in?" Gerard asked the nurses in the front at the reception desk.

"Ah, he should be in B-214" the nurse said, looking over at me curiously due to my out of breath state.

"Thank you very much" Gerard said, heading over to the elevator to go up to the second floor as Mikey and I followed behind.

As we waited for the elevator to open, Gerard held onto my hand, squeezing it a bit.

"Are you sure I should be here? It seems like a family matter. Your parents don't know me yet, and I wouldn't want them to be upset wi--"

"Don't worry Frank, I'll clear it up with my parents. We don't have to tell them about us today, but I'll introduce you at least" Gerard told me as we entered the elevator, and I couldn't tell him that I was against it. He sounded as if he needed me there; of course he didn't need me, but it was the type of situation where I felt like I could at least be there for him.

"Besides," Mikey spoke up, the first words he said since when he told us the hospital address in the car, "It's not like Gerard doesn't mention you at home. He's always on about how "Frank said this today" or "Frank did this today" or even "Me and Frank did this today". It's kinda sweet actually."

Gerard looked at him menacingly, sorta like a 'I will knock all of your Star Wars collectibles off their shelves' glare. Mikey returned back to his usual quiet self, but there was a small smirk on his face. I just nudged Gerard and winked at him, causing him to mouth an embarrassed "shut up".

We got off on the second floor and quickly made our way to the room the nurse told us, walking in. I saw a women that I could only assume was Gerard's mom, and Gerard's dad was on the hospital bed.

"Is dad okay? What's wrong?" Gerard questioned.

"The doctors say his kidneys are damaged, so his waste products and fluids are building up. His blood pressure is off the scale right now as well. It's nothing serious right now, we just have to make sure he does certain things to avoid CKD" Gerard's mother explained, sounding like a doctor herself.

"Stop acting like I can't take care of myself, I'm here and I'm alive. That's all you gotta worry about!" Gerard's dad spoke up.

"Donald, we wouldn't be here if you 'knew how to take care of yourself'" Gerard's mom said, smiling a bit smugly.

Both Gerard and Mikey let out a breath of relief, sitting down in the two empty chairs near the wall of the hospital room. I wasn't sure what to do until Gerard's dad spoke up.

"Hey, who's this one supposed to be?" Donald asked, looking over at me curiously. Gerard's mom did the same.

"Uh, ah, hello I'm Frank, Frank Iero!" I greeted nervously, turning red from how lame I sounded.

"He's Mikey and I's friend, and he came because he was worried about us" Gerard cleared up.

"Oh well, I've heard about you from Gerard a few times. We thought you were one of his comic sketches, I'm glad to see he was talking so vividly about a real person!" Gerard's mom said, laughing and standing up to shake my hand. I did so, and smiled back at her. "You can call me Donna Lee."