『❸』

This morning, without my mother having to tell me to, I stood up from my bed I laid restlessly on and got ready early, putting on a bleached sweater and black ripped jeans. All night I had been thinking about if humans had wings, and I now had the urge to grow my own bird-like wings, but sadly as much as I try to, I know I won't sprout wings and be able to fly away.

"Frank? Why are you out of bed already? You still had 30 minutes of sleep before you had to get ready" my mom told me when I walked into the kitchen where she was ironing her clothes.

"Ah, well I wanted to get a book from the library before school starts" I lied, not wanting to explain that I was going to meet up with Gerard, especially since she'd probably ask where I met him, and I'm pretty sure detention wasn't a great answer to that.

"Oh okay, well have a good day at school, love you" she told me, blowing me a kiss as I put one foot out the door.

"Love you too" I replied back, smiling slightly.

I walked to the corner store I always go to again this morning, this time grabbing an extra muffin along with mine and my coke. When I walked up to the counter, Daniel gave me a strange look.

"Wow, you're here like 30 minutes earlier than usual" he stated, chuckling.

"Woah woah, you stalk when I come in? If you have a crush on me just say so, I swing different ways you know" I said, winking jokingly, then laughing.

"Haha, as much as I enjoy you buying things from here, I'm sorry to say I'm taken by a woman" Daniel told me, ringing up my snacks and telling me the price. I handed it to him willingly and took the bag, waving good bye as I walked out of the familiar store.

When I got to the school grounds, Gerard was sitting patiently at the gate just as he said, leaning against one of the pillars in a sort-of John Travolta Grease-styled way. I snickered before walking over to him.

"Heyooo" I greeted, waving slightly. Gerard grinned that devilish grin of his when he saw me.

"Hey, I thought you'd be late" he greeted, laughing a little.

"Wow, we know each other for one day and you think so little of me. Of course I showed up early, I don't want you kicking my ass."

"What? Me kick your ass? That's the funniest thing I've heard this hour. There's a very small chance I'll ever beat yours and/or anyone else's buttocks, and if I ever do all I'm gonna say is "that bitch deserved it."'

I burst out laughing, holding onto Gerard's shoulder so I wouldn't fall over. "Really? I should've recorded this as evidence for when you do kick your first 'buttocks'!"

Gerard began laughing along with me, both of us seeming high as we walked through the school gates. It was weird how comfortable I was with Gerard this morning, even though yesterday I was cold to him. Maybe just being with someone who wants to hang with me before school makes me happy enough to be warm to them.

"Come on, I'll show you where we usually hang out" Gerard said, taking my hand and dragging me along to some place. I wanted to groan at the word "we", but I felt if they're Gerard's friends, they wouldn't be that bad.

Well, not as bad as all the others in this school.

When we got to behind the portables of the school, Gerard finally stopped. There were two others waiting there hanging out on some steps that lead to a door, one had a guitar and was messing around with it, while the other was reading a comic.

"Hey guys, this is Frank" Gerard announced to them, gaining their attention. They looked over at me and smiled, waving.

"Frank, the one with the guitar is Ray, and the one reading is my little brother Mikey" Gerard introduced.