『❶⑧』

Frank

"Hey Frank, I just saw Gerard's car in front of our house, why didn't he ring to pick you up? Did you tell him you're not going to school?" my mom told me as she walked into the kitchen. I was sitting at our small kitchen table, trying to get over the fact that only yesterday Gerard and I sat here and ate breakfast together. It's like it's a traumatizing experience for me now.

"No, uh, well" I began, looking down towards my cup of coffee I was about to cry into. "Gerard sorta, broke up with me yesterday..."

My mom stayed quiet for a few minutes.

"Oh, Frank, I'm so sorry honey"

"No no, it's alright. He's going through a lot with his dad right now, I was kinda just dead weight" I said, laughing softly.

"Frank, no, I'm sure that's not true. If he's really going through a rough time, I'm sure he just needs some time alone right now. Don't worry, even if you two don't work out your relationship again, I'm sure you will still be friends" My mom told me, giving me a reassuring smile and patting my shoulder.

I tried to smile back, but instead I began to cry again.

~
Gerard

As I walked into school, my eyes immediately traced the grounds for Frank, hoping yet dreading to see him and how tired he must be. Maybe he didn't take it that hard? I mean, he told me he loved me, but maybe I'm the only one who thought our relationship was so serious and eternal. As much as I hate the idea of him not caring as much as I did, I really hope he didn't. Because if he cared as much as I did, there's no way I could be forgiven so easily.

"I'm going to go to the library" Mikey told me from my side, walking towards the building. I just made it over towards the back of the school, peering over the corner before going all the way to make sure Frank wasn't there out of habit. When I saw he wasn't, I walked back and slumped down. I already know all day I'm going to be wanting to check on Frank, but I'm also going to be avoiding everything to do with him. I don't know what's wrong with me, why can't I just handle myself?

"Hey Gerard" I heard someone say to me, making me sit up in surprise. When I turned to see, I saw it was only Ray. Well, not only Ray because Ray is great and a ball of sunshine, but he's not who's been on my mind really.

"Oh, hey man" I greeted, smiling nervously. Ray looked at me with a look that said "you look so fucking bad dude oh my god".

"You look so fucking bad dude, oh my god" Ray spoke, and I laughed at the fact that I was correct with his facial expression.

"Yeah, lots of shit has been down lately, but nothing too bad" I lied, playing with the holes in my jeans.

"That's not what Mikey told me, he said you broke up with Frank and became a walking hurricane" Ray told me. I internally cussed Mikey out, but deep down I knew he was just concerned.

"I'm not that bad off" I told myself more than Ray.

"So it's true? You and Frank are over?" Ray asked, looking shocked.

"No, well, I guess- fuck, it depends I suppose. I never said the words let's break up to him, but I did say we should take a break kinda, and I was such an ass after. I didn't even say goodbye to him, I couldn't. And Frank doesn't need to be treated like that because he's the most beautiful creature to walk this Earth. If I was Frank, I wouldn't forgive me" I ranted, speaking pretty quickly. By the end of it, Ray had sat across from me, looking at me with another face, this one saying "sounds like you really screwed it up".