『❼』

"...what?" I asked, baffled by Gerard's bold words. What did he just say? He likes me? How the hell is that even possible?

"I, Gerard Way," he said, pointing to himself, "like you, Frank Iero". He pointed to me, smiling adorably with a shade of blush on his cheeks. It made me want to attack him right there, but no, I couldn't make Gerard deal with me. He barely knew me, even if he'd seen me cry, and I really didn't know him. I mean, yesterday I did feel a sense of affection towards him, but that could just be lust instead of liking him.

"Let me think about it, okay?" I told him quickly, not wanting him to feel paranoid that I didn't answer fast enough.

"Oh, it's fine, it's fine. I just noticed that I like you this much, so you don't have to rush and reply to me. I know you and I barely know each other, but I really do like you."
I stayed silent, nodding my head as I took it all in. For the rest of the detention me and Gerard held little conversations, all the while I tried to keep my head from bursting with nervousness.

After, Ms. Reynolds came back, scolded us (who made this she-devil?), then released us. Gerard smiled his bright devilish grin. "I'll see you tomorrow, Frankie!" He yelled, before walking his way home.

"Yeah, okay!"

I really wanted to ask him why though. Why, out of so many others, would Gerard look at me and say things like "I like you"? Hell, he's handsomer than all the guys I've seen and prettier than all the girls I know. Even if he's a reject, people must still notice how attractive he is. I can bet he has secret admirers from both genders, 'cause let's face it gender doesn't really matter when dealing with Gerard...

Oh crap, I'm screwed.

~

I nearly choked on my muffin. "Condoms? What the hell, Gerard?!"

"I'm just wondering, do you think people enjoy working in condom factories, or is it more like a curse to have to be around all that rubber?" Gerard asked as if it was a completely normal question. It had been 3 days since me and Gerard made up. We were waiting around before the bell rang behind the bleachers, and Ray was sick today, while Mikey went off to the library. I'm not sure how or why we got on the subject of condom factory workers, but Gerard's asking about it as if it was a basic question like "why's the sky blue?".

"Well I guess it would depend. If they had a decent sex life, they'd be fine with it most likely since they wouldn't have to pay for it, but if they were always alone or asexual or something, then I suppose they'd loathe it. What does this have to do with Darth Vader's voice actor?" I questioned, rubbing my temples in confusion.

"Well, I was just thinking about James Earl Jones y'know, having sexual relations with someone, and they're like "do the Darth Vader voice, James" and from then on my mind kinda escalated to condom factories" Gerard told me, and I burst out laughing, almost hitting my head on a bleacher above me.

"Wow, that's amazing. Your brain's great, Gerard!" I said, trying to stop laughing. He laughed with me. I was extremely grateful that I wasn't a nervous wreck with Gerard, and that's mostly because he's easy to get along with, well at least to me. I'm not sure how we got on the topic of Star Wars either, but I didn't even care. I've learned more about Gerard through this conversation too.

I'm pretty sure I had the wrong impression of him, he's completely different from a greaser or a punk or whatever. If I had to label him he'd be an art and comic geek, but you really can't put a label on a person like him. He's like the sweetest guy yet crazy as hell, and surprisingly quirky, and it's scaring me that I might have feelings for him. Not because I have anything against his personality, but because I like his personality so much that if I get hurt by him it'll hurt me hundreds of times worse than any person before him.