『①❸』

We tried to sneak into the house, but my mom was two steps ahead of us. Before we could get to the stairs of my house, the lights flipped on, and my mom stood in her robe and slippers with a usual "mom who wants answers" face on.

"Why are you home so late, Frank? And why's Gerard here? Not that I mind, but it is late. And you're scraped bad on your knee caps! " she questioned, confused. I huffed, running a hand through my hair.

"Well, I can explain the full story later, but I just fell on the road and hurt my ankle and knees a bit. Gerard really doesn't want to go back home right now. Can he please stay with us, just for a couple days?" I begged.

"Yeah, I think it's okay if he stays for a bit, but I require a full explanation at breakfast tomorrow, okay?" She said, and I nodded. I elbowed Gerard so he'd nod as well.

"Good, now you boys need to go to sleep. You still have school tomorrow".

Both Gerard and I said "yes mom" at the same time, then I led Gerard to my room. I went to the restroom for a few minutes, putting band-aids on my knees and making sure my ankle wasn't swollen. As I entered my room, I was about to ask him whether he wanted to sleep on the floor or bed, but before I could Gerard tackled me to the bed. He rested his head on my chest, a huge grin on his face. I blushed as bright as a cherry.

"I think I'm good sleeping just like this" Gerard said, pretending to snore. I ruffled his hair, laughing.

"Get up, doof, I need to change out of these clothes. Do you want to change?" I asked him, shuffling my way out from under him.

"Nah, I'm good in this. Do you sleep naked? Please tell me you do" he asked, and I almost choked on air.

"No, I do not sleep naked" I answered, taking off my day clothes and putting on some pajama pants and a plain white shirt.

"Shit, that's a bummer" Gerard said, acting as if he was disappointed and pouted. I grinned, turning off the lights then jumping onto the bed and making him clumsily land with half his body on me.

"Sorry, you're gonna have to wait for that" I told him, winking. He laughed, shifting up and nuzzling into the crook of my neck. I sighed with content, tangling my hand in his hair and gently brushing it out with my fingers. I felt Gerard's chest raise and lower, and all I could focus on were his soft breaths.

"Frank..." Gerard said, picking his head up. The small lamp light in my room allowed me to see his face dimly.

"Yeah?"

"My mom told you about my BPD, didn't she?" He asked, staring up at me.

"Well, uh yeah. But how'd y--"

"I was wondering how you handled my burst of anger at my house so quickly, and didn't even question why I started freaking out. That was the only solution I could come up with. Sorry for all that again, I jus-"

I hushed him before he could apologize fully. "You don't need to apologize for your mental problem; none of that is your fault. I know you couldn't think straight, and I know you were scared. Like I said before, don't worry. I'm fine, you're fine, we're both fine together, that's all I care about".

Gerard donned one of his "oh shit I've just seen something more bright than the sun" smiles, bringing himself closer to me. He attached his lips to mine, and our kiss went from sweet to passionate in less than a minute. Our tongues fought for dominance, and he won. I let him take control of the kiss as I gripped onto his shirt.

Light moans escaped my mouth, and I realized my mother was just two rooms away. I reluctantly pulled away from him, catching my breath. "We can't do this now, my mom's probably still up" I explained, pissed at myself for not just going with it. Gerard nodded in understanding, rolling over to lay next to me instead of on top of me.