Just Forget

- Moon

I layed next to Qibli and listened to the crackling fire. Everyone else slept. I just listened to their dreams.

I always loved nighttime. And not just because I am a Nightwing.

When I was young, I remember laying on the ground next to Deathbringer watching the stars. My heart ached thinking about him.

Guilt filled my chest and overloaded my head.

He died for me. His life was lost to keep me alive.

Sometimes I was sad. For losing a friend, and a brother. Other times I was angry at myself.

Why hadn't I seen that coming? Why hadn't I prevented that from happening? I could have saved him if I had taken the time to study the futures more thoroughly.

But I didn't, and that makes me so mad.

Mostly I just feel guilt. Even though Snowfall was the one who technically killed him, I still felt like hsi blood was on my hands.

That is a guilt I probably won't ever get rid of.

Now, since I started reading minds, nights are more peaceful. Your brain never stops to rest, but as you sleep it slows down.

I've learned to control the thoughts that bombard my head everyday. But it's still kind of a concious effort, and if I forget to do it, especially in crowded rooms, they all just kinda float into my head.

But at night, it's basically just images floating through your head. Blurry pictures that are soft and don't give me headaches. If I focus in on the images then I can follow the dream plot, otheriwse it all just nicely blends together.

It's amazing. Quiet.

For Darkstalker it's different, he loves nighttime, but not because of the quiet. Darkstalker has mastered his control over everything. It took his so many years, but he got it down.

Something to hope for I guess.

I layed listening to primarily Qibli's sleeping mind. His mind is fascinating, thoughts rush through his head like a fast flowing river.

For most people, it's like they focus on one thought, and once finishing that thought they go to their next.

For Qibli, it's like seven different things going on at once. His direct thoughts, like when he thinks, I miss Sunny.

I can hear those best. But whenever he enters a room, in less than a second he has detected atleast three different escape routes. Even at home he does this.

It's just crazy in there. But at night even he slows down, and that is when you can see some really deep things.

I feel bad for snooping, but he has told me he doesn't mind. For him he sees my ability like a tool.

If we are in the midst of a fight, and something is about to happen, immediately he can just send a thought to tell me something.

Like, Behind you!

Which is why I never block out his thoughts. Sometimes they are pointless like when reading a book, but it's risky to block his thoughts.

I do the same with Darkstalker. I am on alert with them.

Right now Qibli is just dreaming of like fields. Suddenly I run across the fields and the whole scene changes.

My heart drops.

The battlefield.

I run into the room with Snowfall in it.

Deathbringer falls limply.