The Eclipse

- Qibli

I hated having Winter around. I didn't trust him.

The way he looked at Moon, it made me feel like I needed to be on guard.

I've see that look before. On Mandrake. Winter's was just better hidden behind his pale features. Which obviously makes me uncomfortable.

Call me paranoid, but how would you feel if you had to work with a guy who has the hotties for your girl. It doesn't make me want to be enthusiastic about him.

I tried to stay close to Moon whenever Winter was around. Again with the not trusting him thing.

It had been a week. I was anxious to get out of here.

My only problem, everyday Winter made it seem like he wanted to come with us.

Atleast Morrowseer kept his distance.

He was not coming with us. No shot. He just didn't know that yet.

Today we were talking stratagies.

"How long do they leave?" Turtle asks.

"Usually the whole day. It's because all of the new guards are coming and it takes about a day for them to get there." Winter explains.

"Why are the even guarding it? Is there like a hidden treasure or something?" Moon asks.

"It's the closest route to Pantala. They want to keep everyone away from that continent. The rumours are scaring the new Icewing leader, Mink. So she is setting up precautions." Winter says.

Moon nods.

"How long will it take until we are out of sight from them?" Sundew asks. Winter shrugs.

"Depends on how fast we can get a boat to move." he says.

"It would be easiest to wait until the next break. Because of Icewing holidays there are no guards for a whole week." Winter suggests.

I shake my head. "No we aren't waiting any longer." I say. Everyone looks at me.

"It would be best if you want a clean escape." Winter argues.

"I want an escape. And one soon. Next week we need to go." I say firmly.

"Yes, but-" Moon cuts him off.

"We're not waiting. We need to get to Pantala as fast as possible." Moon says.

Winter sighs.

"It could be dangerous. Someone could get seriously hurt. You guys are so urgent, wouldn't a fatality slow you down? Going next week could very well cause a serious injury-" Winter protests.

"You don't get an opinion." I say calmly. Winter shuts his mouth not looking at me.

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt. Leaving next week is very risky, that's all." he says after gathering his witts.

Moon lost her temper.

Which, lets be honest, doesn't happen often.

"Well, what's life without a little risk? Sunset's life might depend on that risk. We are leaving the moment the guards are out of sight. No matter what." Moon snaps before walking away.

I close my eyes.

Just give her a moment to herself. You can go talk to her later.

Winter stands up slowly and stalks off silently. I sigh. "That went great." I mutter.

- Moon

It sat by the lake staring at the water. I was so scared for Sunset.

I liked this new Winter better than the old one, but not even close enough to take in his opinion on something this huge.