Betrayal

- Moon

I stared at him in disbelief.

I had one person I trusted. One. And they went behind my back and tricked me.

I felt so betrayed by Qibli. He didn't even really bother to fight his case. He just immediately went to lying to me.

I could see what had happened now. My heart stung as I realized it all.

"You went behind my back?" I whispered in disbelief. I probably sounded so bratty right then, but you try and imagine the shock of the two people you trusted most lying to you.

"He didn't want to leave you! He just knew he wasn't going to be any help." Darkstalker explains.

"I wasn't planning on having Qibli help! I was going to get Qibli out, wait for your magic to come back. Let you escape by yourself, and heal Qibli before we set off!" I shouted.

Darkstalker's face dropped.

"Do you think I'm that stupid?! I could see Qibli was hurt, but do you think he is going to get better in a jail cell. He will probably be punished now that they realize we escaped!" I shout.

I was fuming now.

I can't believe Darkstalker convinced Qibli to do this.

Darkstalker shook his head. "Moon, this was his idea." Darkstalker says softly.

A whole new wave of hurt and betrayal hit me.

Qibli didn't even trust me enough to know that I would never risk his life or anyone else's just to get Sunset back. I would risk my own, but he should have known that I wouldn't push him to travel even if he was hurt.

He should have atleast talked to me.

I wanted to cry. I wanted to sob and trudge all the way back to the prison and get Qibli out.

I wanted to crumble and give up. My husband and bestfriend betrayed me. My daughter is kidnapped. My husband is also extremely hurt, and could very possibly be killed because of this stunt.

And I was just being dragged through it all back to back. Not to mention my friends also being taken and having no clue where they went. Oh! And we are facing up against someone who controls minds.

Yeah life just keeps getting better and better.

The worst part, I didn't trust Darkstalker now. He lied about staying back. And his magic not working.

Two big things. I took a deep breath.

"No. You can stay here. Or go back to Pyrrhia. But you're not coming with me. I don't trust you. Go find Clearsight or something, but stay away from me while I save Sunset." I snap.

"No! I can't leave you! Wasp will kill you if it's just you!" he protests.

"Then that sucks for me. But this was your decision. Now I'm making mine." I retort.

Quickly I sling a backpack over my shoulder and run. Darkstalker follows me.

"Moon I get you're mad but think about this rationally! You can't do this on your own! Please let me help you! I'm sorry!" he yells.

I ignore him.

Rationally? Are you kidding me? All I do is think rationally. Never do I take a chance. But like I said, What's life without a little risk.

- Qibli

Darkstalker and Moon had been gone for a day now.
I was filled with anxiety for multiple reasons. Sunset of course. And I really hope Moon would be ok. I need her to make it back alive.

I was laying on my stomach on the prison floor. We hadn't heard anything about Sundew or Turtle either.

It was total misery. Everyone was in danger and I had no idea what was going on.

A bang on the cell made me jump. I almost screamed when I saw Darkstalker's panicked face.

"What?!" I hissed. "Dude we messed up big-time." he says.

"I will explain it as we go. Put this one we are getting out of here." he says quickly.

Darkstalker walks through the prison bars and slides a bracelet on my wrist. I get up painfully and limp out of there.

"Your little move where we switched was not heroic, it was stupid. She didn't plan on having you come with the group. Moon just wanted you out of the prison. Then she was going to make sure when I got my magic back that I could escape and heal you. Then we would keep going." he explains.

A sinking feeling fills my chest.

That's not good.

"No, it's not. We could've kept everyone together but we went with the sneaky route and now we are stuck here." he says.

I groan. "Where is Moon?" I ask.

His facial expression goes grim.

"She left. I could feel it, she felt so betrayed. That we didn't trust her, and went behind her back. She got so mad she left and plans to do it on her own. We messed uo but she is about to make a mistake. Moon said she doesn't care if she dies if she goes alone. She isn't thinking rationally and it's going to get her killed." he explains speaking quickly.

My heart drops.

"She left?" I ask in disbelief. He nods. "Qibli, she could very much die. It's likely she will." he says grimly.

I close my eyes with a huff.

What did I do?

Ok, a really short chapter but I will make up for it with two posts in one day.