Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Krystal, I know I should believe you and don't get me wrong I do, but I just don't know what side to believe and-"

"What, Leo! You know damn well people will try to make rumors especially when it comes to me! It's high school! You know high school people will try to do everything and anything to cause drama!" Krystal interrupted him. He was just making her go crazy and her anxiety attacks were at the edge of starting already.

"Krystal, I know. I understand. James is kind of getting in the way of things. He is always asking you questions about me and us; it's already getting annoying. I believe the only way to make this stop is if you take him out of your life now. If you want us to keep working out as a couple, he has to go. I'm so-"

"You're sorry!? How can you say, you're sorry when you're trying to take away the only one best friend I have had in the past. Although, it's a short amount of time he accepted me for who I am without trying to change me like everyone in school is. He's the one friend I have ever made in a very long time." Krystal interrupted him. She tried so hard not to cry, not to let a tear shed, but it was difficult not to. Knowing that Leo wants to basically force her to stop talking to James was even worse.

"Krystal, I know it may seem difficult to give up your only friend, but think about it. Is he really your friend? Does he really have to be snooping around every time I'm with you? Does a true friend really have to snoop around in your relationship?"

"I don't know what a friendship really is or how a friendship should be. I've never had an actual friendship before. I thought James was actually being the right type of friend, and he was acting like an actual frie-"

"You thought! You said it yourself, but is he really? That's the question you should be asking yourself before you trust someone you've known for a very short amount of time"

"So, what are you saying then? I have to choose between you and James?" Krystal asked him, hoping he would say no that he was joking, but the words she heard next were unexpected.

"I'm saying choose me or we break up."Krystal just stayed quiet and didn't respond. She didn't know how to respond or who to choose. They both are really nice people, how can she choose between them.

"How much time do I have before I choose?"

"You don't need time. It's whether you want me or want him, that's it. If you think about who are you going to choose then you really didn't like me like you said you did." Leo responded to her. His voice was demanding and serious with no hint of compassion.

Who do I choose? James, who I have met not that long ago or Leo who have been there, constantly defending me from Mat's bullying. Will James defend me when Mat bullies me or will he flee? I know Leo defends me and hasn't left my side making sure I'm always alright. But will James do that as well? Krystal thought unsure on what to do or who to choose.

"Well?" Leo's voice came into the other side of the line, making Krystal startle."I guess you do have a point..." Krystal began with her voice coming out barely a whisper.

"I know you're down Krystal, but you'll see how he wasn't that friend that you thought he was and you'll thank me when you see it" He simply said.

"Ok. If you say so..." Krystal whispered.

Leo ended up forgetting all about the rumors that accused Krystal of many horrible things and continued the conversation like nothing had happened at all. His conversations consisted of his day, and his classes, but nothing about them or Krystal.

Krystal was simply listening to almost everything he was saying until she heard a beep sound. At first she thought it was Leo's phone, but when she checked hers, she had a message from James. She didn't know whether or not to actually tell James about what had happened with Leo or to just pretend nothing really happened just like Leo was pretending. But she decided to tell him about the rumor that was going on and how Leo acted to it without telling him that Leo had prohibit them from talking. All James said was that he didn't want to make it seem hat way at all.

Krystal decided that she wasn't going to stop talking him no matter what Leo had said. Deep down she knew she was doing the right thing, but she also knew it was an extremely bad one that will end up hurting her more.

"Who are you texting? Leo asked as soon as he heard Krystal typing.

"No one, Leo so continue with what you were saying..." Krystal responded nervously.

"Okay, I was saying if you wanted to go to a party next week?""Me? A party..? I-I don't think that's a good idea."

"Baby, I won't leave your side. I'll be there plus we will have lots of fun together. Come on baby let's go."

"I don't know. I'm not the party type." Krystal mumbled.

"Please go with me. I don't want to go alone."

"I'll let you know, alright?" Krystal said."

"I really do hope you can go, Krystal."

"You can only hope." Krystal simply replied.