Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Phew! The night before was a really close call for Krystal; she needed to more be careful on not forgetting her bracelets. If her mother knew what she has been doing to herself she’ll flip out. She couldn’t let anyone find out what she’s been doing to herself. Just letting them find out is like her giving them the perfect tool to use against her. Nonetheless, failing her parents like she has always done is something she wants to avoid. She wants to at least once make them proud of her and especially when she’s the one and only.

She got up and started strolling to her bathroom taking long, but slow steps until she got there. She washed her face and brushed her teeth. Once that was out of her way she took a glance at her left arm just to look at the now closed yet still fresh cut that now looked horrible, but she didn’t care. She got out the pain she needed to get out so that’s cool right?

She started to get ready for school, letting her long black hair down covering most of her face and put on her black long sleeved sweater. She went back to her room and stared at her reflection in the mirror and smiled like everything was perfectly fine. She then reached for her eyeliner and started doing her thick black line on her upper lid, did her wings like she always does and out some eyeliner in her water line as well. This is why they call me a freak just because I wear what I like! She thought somewhat angry at the fact of what society has become now.

As soon as Krystal was done with her eyeliner she ran downstairs ignoring the scents of fresh pancakes surrounding her nose. She wanted some, but recalled what Mat told her clearly the day before, she was fat and she needed to stop eating. She strolled outside the house starving herself without saying a word to her mother.

Instead of heading to school right away she ended up walking towards the park just to get a peaceful time before she headed to that hell hole, school. All she did as walked around the park staring at the trees and swing herself in the swings until she noticed the five minutes left for the bell to ring and sprinted to her school.

She got there with a minute of spare, running to English class. Krystal entered the classroom and everyone turned and stared at her with such negative emotion in their eyes. She walked towards her seat ignoring their stares and pretended to get her work out.

“Well hello Krystal, I thought you weren’t coming today. I almost marked you absent.” Mr. Wilson informed her with a slightly smile. She nodded and smiled back.

People started whispering things among themselves she concluded it as about her again as they would whisper and turn to stare at her directly. Do I have something in my face? Do I look that ugly that it’s disturbing them? Is it my clothes? She kept wondering, but like always no answer is given to her.

Mr. Wilson started explaining his lesson of the day, but as usual she couldn’t pay attention. She would always worry about what’s going to happen to her between classes and on her 2nd period. Krystal was more terrified of Mat than anyone else in school. He’s more aggressive and he doesn’t care if he hurts you or not. Mat is the type of person who feeds out of your pain ans enjoys it, that’s when he gets he’s happiness from.

The bell rings, it doesn’t surprise her when Mat comes along and grabs her by the shoulders. She sort of got used to that part except for the part where he insults her and causes her emotional pain. I would never get used to the pain she thought.

“Whoa, wait little freak. Don’t you go we have something special for you.” Mat smiled.

“What are y-you talking about?” Krystal asked confused and terrified.

“Oh, nothing. It’s just a huge surprise.” Mat snapped his finger and smiled. Krystal was about to ask again when his friend comes by with a dirty white bucket. “What’s that for?” She asked him backing away slowly. One of his friends came near her and holds her in place while the guy with the bucket came towards her and poured freezing cold water on her. They all started laughing yelling at her mean stuff as they left for their next class.