Chapter 8

Chapter 8

            It was about 3 o’clock when they started to head home, well when Leo walked her home just to make sure she’ll get there safe and in one piece. Their lunch was just amazingly perfect. Leo and Krystal had the same steak, medium cook; they both agreed that rare was just too damn much. In fact, it was the very first time Krystal had a steak in her whole entire life. She’s 17 years old and she has never in her life had a steak!? Shocker!

The bad thing about it was that they both weren’t dressed for some expensive restaurant, they were no near from being dressed casual. Krystal was wearing just black ripped skinny jeans with a band shirt and Leo was wearing this worn out jeans with a navy blue Hollister t-shirt.

“Will I see you tomorrow beautiful?” Leo asked just as soon they both stopped in front of her front door.

“Um, Leo may I… ask you something?” Krystal responded to his question with a question of her own nervously.

“Anything baby,” he smiled and looked into her eyes.

“Umm, are you going to tell everyone we’re dating?” as soon as her words left her mouth she immediately looked down the floor, waiting for him to say no.

“Yeah, they’ll notice when they see our hands entwined together baby. Plus, I’m going to tell my homeboys as soon as I see them.” He smiled and kissed her forehead leaving her completely astounded.

“Alright, can you do me a favor?” She asked hoping he would say yes.

“Yes anything, love.”

“Can you please stay close to me when we go to school? I don’t want to answer questions; I won’t feel comfortable doing so.”

“Okay, you’ll see do the listening and I’ll do the talking.” He smiles widely and kisses her cheek. “Oh, well I got to go, my mom must be worried. I should’ve been there like,” he pauses as he reach down to get his phone from his pocket and check the time, 3:30 pm “… oh, mother of God, I should’ve been there more than a half an hour ago. I’m so going to get a lecture bye, cutie pie, text me.” As soon as the last word left his mouth, he bolted to his house almost immediately, leaving Krystal smiling like an idiot.

She entered her house and straight out the back door into the backyard where her amazing puppy was. She cleaned her puppy’s bowl and poured some fresh water and fill up the empty bowl with food. Krystal honestly had forgotten about her amazing black fur puppy, good thing her mother would always keep an eye out for the puppy whenever Krystal wouldn’t feed her, it was definitely not her first time. As soon as she terminated feeding her, she played with her puppy, Pixie, and decided to see if Pixie still recalled the tricks Krystal taught her months ago.

“Pixie, sit” Krystal commanded and as soon as Pixie heard her she was already sitting panting. “Good girl! Now, give me your paw” She commanded again and of course, this one command, Pixie had a difficult time at first which just ended up her extending her paw a just a bit too far ending up scratching Krystal’s right arm just a tiny bit.

“Good girl…” Krystal said in her sweet voice rubbing Pixie’s head “…you still remembered, Krystal smiled and headed back inside leaving her adorable puppy to eat.

8:30 pm she had already taken a shower, removed her eye make-up and texted Leo. Damn they both had the same thoughts even though they both are from extremely different groups. Yeah, he might be her bully’s best friend yet, he is way different.

“Krystal time for dinner!” she snapped out of her la-la land and headed down stairs. Even though she won’t eat like she used to, she still seats down and eats a tiny bit. Why? Because she knows that her mother will take her forcefully to a doctor and make her take the pills he doctor prescriptions, if she doesn’t.